Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

Desmond Jennings is going to make Rays fans forget all about Crawford. 3 years 18 million for Zobrist is hardly a huge commitment either. If Upton wasn't always one loafed play away from being benched, maybe he would get taken care of.
5/21/2010 12:42 PM
I wouldn't give Upton $10, let alone a contract extension.
5/21/2010 1:00 PM
There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
5/21/2010 1:15 PM
For a team that has squealed "We can't compete with the resources of Boston/New York" for years, I'd say 3/18 is a huge committment. And they brought in Pat Burrell for 2/18(I think).

This really can't be debated. Tampa will throw money at the white players then complain they can't compete with the Yanks/Sux when it comes to salary while letting the black players walk. If you take one trip to Tampa, you'll know why. Let's just say the only color in the stands is sprayed on tan.
5/21/2010 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By deathinahole on 5/21/2010There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch
5/21/2010 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 5/21/2010
For a team that has squealed "We can't compete with the resources of Boston/New York" for years, I'd say 3/18 is a huge committment. And they brought in Pat Burrell for 2/18(I think).

This really can't be debated. Tampa will throw money at the white players then complain they can't compete with the Yanks/Sux when it comes to salary while letting the black players walk. If you take one trip to Tampa, you'll know why. Let's just say the only color in the stands is sprayed on tan.

Who's to say they didn't offer a 3/$18mil to both Upton and Crawford?
5/21/2010 1:33 PM
I'm sure, if they did, that we'd be able to find some mention of it. Can you post a link?

Although, quite frankly, I know Crawford would get a long more and would laugh in their face. I expect Upton would too.
5/21/2010 1:35 PM
I'm not sure why you're upset about this, Mike.... won't they just become 2/3s of the new Yankee OF next year?
5/21/2010 1:37 PM
I'm sure, if they did, that we'd be able to find some mention of it. Can you post a link?

Although, quite frankly, I know Crawford would get a long more and would laugh in their face. I expect Upton would too.

Search monkey!
5/21/2010 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By iain on 5/21/2010
I'm not sure why you're upset about this, Mike.... won't they just become 2/3s of the new Yankee OF next year?

I've sort of been expecting Crawford but, since the Yanks weren't very interested in LF this off-season, I believe they're either comfortable with Gardner/Granderson or they expect Jeter to close out his career in LF.

I don't think Upton will be as sought after as he believes. Boston will probably sign him to play SS.
5/21/2010 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By 05nomar05 on 5/21/2010I wouldn't give Upton $10, let alone a contract extension

ditto
5/21/2010 1:49 PM
Upton just called. He said "I have no interest in playing for the Racist Nomah and Sergie Asspokers."

So, I guess, the feeling is mutual.
5/21/2010 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By iain on 5/21/2010

I've sort of been expecting Crawford but, since the Yanks weren't very interested in LF this off-season, I believe they're either comfortable with Gardner/Granderson or they expect Jeter to close out his career in LF.

I don't think Upton will be as sought after as he believes. Boston will probably sign him to play SS.
Jeter to close out his career in LF? Blasphemy I say! Shame on you!
5/21/2010 3:34 PM
Another stellar outing from Vazquez. At least he's saving the bullpen. No, wait, he's not.
5/28/2010 7:50 AM
he's saving them from getting rest
5/28/2010 8:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...41 Next ▸
Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.