Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

If the Tigers weren't in it, I'd always watch a NFL game over a playoff baseball game, always. Football is king. 
10/20/2012 12:15 PM
In would never watch a football game over a playoff baseball game.  I wouldn't watch it over a regular-season baseball game.  Not that it's relevant.  But baseball >>> football.
10/20/2012 2:02 PM
I'm not necessarily saying one is better than the other - as I said, it depends what market you're in.

My point was, even if football is more popular, it's retarded to suggest baseball alter it's schedule just because it comes in second. It still cleary has fans and draws viewers. And last time I checked, TVs get multiple channels. I'm always going back and forth between multiple games, whether it be baseball and football, or two baseball/football games.
10/20/2012 4:43 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/20/2012 2:02:00 PM (view original):
In would never watch a football game over a playoff baseball game.  I wouldn't watch it over a regular-season baseball game.  Not that it's relevant.  But baseball >>> football.
I love them both and though baseball for me is a tad above football for me, those are just opinions. Football is just much more popular. 
10/20/2012 6:09 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/19/2012 9:39:00 PM (view original):
Now we're throwing college in? Anything to prove your point, right Mikey?

Call MLB and tell them they need to schedule around CFB and see how hard they laugh on your face. I can't believe someone as dumb as you has the nerve to call others stupid.
Jeez, you're extra dumb.

"Hahaha.  You don't know ****.  Maybe YOU were interested in baseball.    But the numbers show that a meaningless Thursday night CFB draws as many eyes as game 5 in the ALDS.     It's stupid to pretend that playoff baseball can compete with the NFL or CFB at ANY time."
10/21/2012 8:30 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/20/2012 4:43:00 PM (view original):
I'm not necessarily saying one is better than the other - as I said, it depends what market you're in.

My point was, even if football is more popular, it's retarded to suggest baseball alter it's schedule just because it comes in second. It still cleary has fans and draws viewers. And last time I checked, TVs get multiple channels. I'm always going back and forth between multiple games, whether it be baseball and football, or two baseball/football games.
And my point is that leagues want the most eyes they can get watching their game.   That translates into more money.   However, thinking it a bit deeper, MLB in mid-March would get crushed by the NCAABB tourney.   Fortunately, that's only a couple of weekend days after the first couple of rounds.
10/21/2012 8:33 AM
Injuries are gonna kill the Yanks.  Granderson and Texiera will miss at least April.   Of course, Tex would hit .133 for the month so maybe that's a good thing.  

Looks like the only sure things in the line-up are Suzuki, Jeter, Cano, Youk and Gardner.   Hafner is expected to DH so the only power is Cano/Hafner.    Pitching better be good early.
3/7/2013 9:56 AM
Yankees suck
3/7/2013 12:18 PM
Is MikeT23 a kite-flyin' cake-boy?

Votes: 8
(Last vote received: 4/7/2013 4:52 PM)
3/8/2013 12:19 PM
They AL East needs to seize their chance. The Yanks will be a force in the second half. The only hope is for teams to beat them into such a huge hole early that they can't get out of it.
3/9/2013 11:45 AM
Yanks are horrible.   The pitching will have to be top 3 in order for them to stick around until Grandy, Tex and Jeter get back.
4/4/2013 9:08 AM
Posted by arvidjosef on 3/7/2013 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Yankees suck
+1
4/4/2013 9:10 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

GO TEND TO SANTANA'S BLOWN OUT SHOULDER, INJUN!!!!!!

4/4/2013 10:09 AM
All is well.  Just needed a couple of days to get things sorted out.     Sux suck.
4/5/2013 9:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...41 Next ▸
Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.