Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

But, FWIW, this should be a grand time for baseball and it's not.     The general public doesn't care about the races as they're too busy checking to see who plays Thursday night and what games are on TV Sat/Sun afternoon.    Baseball needs to cut a month off their season.   I don't know how without a pissload of doubleheaders but they'd be doing themselves a marketing favor if the WS ended in September. 
9/25/2013 8:27 AM
k
9/25/2013 8:36 AM
If you agree with me, raise your hand.

9/25/2013 8:53 AM
If you're talking about competing with football...I'm not sure it matters if it ended in late September rather than late October.  We're pretty well into football season now.  The postseason ratings will probably still be what they are.
9/25/2013 10:26 AM
I disagree.  People are all geeked up for the start of football.   In college, teams have off weeks/patsies early.   The NFL starts having off weeks by week 4.   And the "newness" of the start of football is over.   If the WS was ending mid-next week, more people would pay attention.   Most of us only have so much "sports on TV" time. 
9/25/2013 2:27 PM
No one really cares about the races because they are all but settled. Yeah, there's the wild card, but it's really just a race for a play in game.

I think people like football more because they like football more, not because they liked baseball for 5 months but suddenly got tired of it at 6 months. Plenty of people will start paying attention again when the playoffs actually start.

I don't see why more people would pay attention to a World Series in September vs a World Series in October.
9/25/2013 5:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I already explained the difference between Sept/Oct. 
9/25/2013 6:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/25/2013 6:35:00 PM (view original):
I already explained the difference between Sept/Oct. 
You did?
9/25/2013 6:37 PM
85-77

Not horrible when you get less than 600 AB from Jeter, Granderson, Texiera and Rodriguez.
9/29/2013 8:15 PM

The problem with baseball's postseason is too much rest. I understand it's been a long year, but so what? That's what they're paid for. Why throw in extra days and allow for more rest now? It's like the stupid off-week before the Superbowl. If teams are too banged up to keep playing well, or they don't have enough depth, that's their problem.

Why are the WC games on different days this year? That's a huge waste of time right there. Play them back to back on the same afternoon/night and get the ball rolling.

9/30/2013 4:48 PM
Game 7, with no rainouts, will be on Halloween.    Good job, Bud.
9/30/2013 6:09 PM
Took about 4 innings before I gave up on last night's game.    CC isn't an ace(something I've been saying forever).   Ellsbury got burnt.  McCann threw one into LF. And the team got 1 XBH against the Asstros. 
4/2/2014 8:52 AM
I'm higher on the rest of the pitching staff...even if CC pitches in the mid 4s, I think Kuroda, Nova, Tanaka and company can give the Yankees a very good staff.  I have them at 85 wins.  With 2 WCs, they'll be in the hunt.
4/2/2014 9:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36|37|38...41 Next ▸
Official © Yankees 2014 1st place!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.