Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Yeah. They also boo'd when they presented the cup to the Pens. At least they cheered when Mario hoisted the cup!!
6/13/2009 2:10 PM
i thought i heard bbooosss galore going on.. they should be ashamed...
6/13/2009 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By chuckinrlp on 6/13/2009Yeah. They also boo'd when they presented the cup to the Pens. At least they cheered when Mario hoisted the cup!
I thought the bulk of the booing was aimed at Bettman, which I have no problem with. But I also was celebrating pretty hard at that point.
6/13/2009 3:59 PM
Does anyone have a good picture of Crosby hoisting the Cup above his head? I want to print it out and plaster it all over work!
6/13/2009 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nickhead on 6/13/2009Well the only negative is that the news is all Crosby.... even though Fleury and Malkin were the top stars.. but other than that.. the best team won and proved it well.. had they not been the victims of some early series bad bounces, it would have been a shorter series

I really don't get your beef with Crosby? I don't live in Canada so I haven't had to hear the propaganda machine that the NHL placed on him, but he seems to be pretty quiet and not say much. I know he was mouthy at first, but hell he's barely old enough to drink...
6/13/2009 4:21 PM
go to zimbio.com/crosby
6/13/2009 4:40 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/13/2009 4:41 PM
I heard a rumor that Crosby didn't shake Lidstrom's hand. I hope to hell this isn't true or he just missed him amid the media demands.

I'm gonna lose a lot of respect for the kid if he was just being a jerk.
6/13/2009 7:20 PM
No snub of Lidstrom, Pens officials say
Saturday, June 13, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Penguins officials have defended Sidney Crosby, the team's captain, against a charge that he snubbed his Detroit counterpart, Nicklas Lidstrom, in the handshake line after the team won the Stanley Cup at Joe Louis Arena last night.

Red Wings center Kris Draper told the Associated Press that "Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand" in the traditional handshake line. He added that, "that's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that."

When Tom McMillan, the Penguins' vice president of communications, was informed of Draper's accusation, he said:

"There's nobody who respects the traditions of hockey more than Sidney Crosby. It was a young team celebrating its first Cup and some of the guys might have been a little late getting into the handshake line."

Crosby was photographed going through the handshake line and it is not known how long Lidstrom waited before adjourning to the locker room.

Members of losing teams generally vacate the ice pretty quickly.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09164/977298-455.stm#ixzz0IMJGefEy&C
6/13/2009 8:15 PM
Right. There are three sides to every story. What Lidstrom says, what Crosby says, and what really happened. Guess we'll never know.
6/13/2009 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pttsbrghkid on 6/13/2009
you're right, the length is until the puck is dropped on the 09-10 regular season.

Now, BE GONE WITH YOU SO I CAN REVEL IN THIS WIN IN PEACE!!!!

Hell of a series, hell of a playoff season.

even better...I was just counting 1 year.
6/13/2009 8:20 PM
I usually don't like to post in these kind of threads because it's easy to get into stupid debates on issues that really don't exist or aren't a big deal (like Crosby's non handshake with Lidstrom).

But being a born and raised Pittsburgher and one of the biggest Penguins' fans you'd ever meet I have to give a BIG shout out to the boys.

Don't have time to say everything I'd like but a few short observations

Crosby is as good of a player/captain a team could ever hope for. He wills his team to victory many times (see the Washington series esp.) and works harder than anybody to set a great example for all to follow.

Malkin is a beast and a VERY deserving Conn Smythe winner. He is able to take over a game at anytime but always plays unbeleivable defense which gets overlooked alot. Plus as he is getting more comfortable in America, Pittsburgh and with his teammates he is getting better and better, scary for everyone else

Staal is also getting better and better as he accepts whatever role he has to play for the Penguins to win. He sacrifices some numbers because of it but make no mistake Jordan is also a great player, check out the shorthander in Game 4 and the first goal in Game 6. Plus he was on the ice as much as Bylsma could send him at the end of Game 7.

Talbot is UNREAL in the biggest games, not just last night or this playoff year but he had a key goal in Game 5 in last year's final. Like Staal, Max also does whatever it takes for the team to win and will play anywhere with anybody. The superstar (sorry local joke) is no longer unsung and deserves all the accolades he gets.

Lastly Fleury has now proven he truly is a champion goalie and was worthy of the 1st overall pick the Pens spent on him. His "happy go lucky" style and occasional bad goal or game makes it easy for his naysayers to attack him when he struggles. But after his performances in Game 6 and 7 of the finals noone can ever say he's not clutch and worthy of maybe even a Canadian Olympic spot.

I could easily go on but I'll end this rare post in discussion threads by saying...

CONGRATS to the 2009 Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins, thanks for bringing the cup home and making Pittsburgh truly the "City of Champions" again for the first time since 1979.
6/13/2009 8:45 PM
when i watch Malkin, i see Forsberg in his prime. He is awesome.
6/13/2009 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rhino7729 on 6/13/2009
I usually don't like to post in these kind of threads because it's easy to get into stupid debates on issues that really don't exist or aren't a big deal (like Crosby's non handshake with Lidstrom).

But being a born and raised Pittsburgher and one of the biggest Penguins' fans you'd ever meet I have to give a BIG shout out to the boys.

Don't have time to say everything I'd like but a few short observations

Crosby is as good of a player/captain a team could ever hope for. He wills his team to victory many times (see the Washington series esp.) and works harder than anybody to set a great example for all to follow.

Malkin is a beast and a VERY deserving Conn Smythe winner. He is able to take over a game at anytime but always plays unbeleivable defense which gets overlooked alot. Plus as he is getting more comfortable in America, Pittsburgh and with his teammates he is getting better and better, scary for everyone else

Staal is also getting better and better as he accepts whatever role he has to play for the Penguins to win. He sacrifices some numbers because of it but make no mistake Jordan is also a great player, check out the shorthander in Game 4 and the first goal in Game 6. Plus he was on the ice as much as Bylsma could send him at the end of Game 7.

Talbot is UNREAL in the biggest games, not just last night or this playoff year but he had a key goal in Game 5 in last year's final. Like Staal, Max also does whatever it takes for the team to win and will play anywhere with anybody. The superstar (sorry local joke) is no longer unsung and deserves all the accolades he gets.

Lastly Fleury has now proven he truly is a champion goalie and was worthy of the 1st overall pick the Pens spent on him. His "happy go lucky" style and occasional bad goal or game makes it easy for his naysayers to attack him when he struggles. But after his performances in Game 6 and 7 of the finals noone can ever say he's not clutch and worthy of maybe even a Canadian Olympic spot.

I could easily go on but I'll end this rare post in discussion threads by saying...

CONGRATS to the 2009 Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins, thanks for bringing the cup home and making Pittsburgh truly the "City of Champions" again for the first time since 1979.

Great post rhino. Only problem is the salaries and the difficulties Ray Shero faces in continuing to find affordable pieces to fill in the lines.

I'm very worried about the next two years.
6/13/2009 10:50 PM
However, I am going to do my best to not worry about that yet. It's been 17 years, need to take some time to enjoy this amazing season and championship.
6/13/2009 10:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.