Starting second divisions? Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By cosborn on 1/16/2010Impatient? Really.
Really.

FWIW, if you played the other WIS games and knew the snail's pace of improvement of those, you would temper your expectation.

Quote: Originally Posted By FW_Kekionga on 1/16/2010
FWIW, I hope that 2nd divisions are implemented sooner rather than later
Agree.
1/16/2010 7:30 PM
Just to clarify something - the game already supports multiple divisions within a league, up to 4 to be exact. The problem is getting new users to make those divisions happen. We don't want a bunch of divisions with AI clubs. That would have it's own problems. It is still being worked out to get more advertising and real estate on sites (not just a link in a menu) and it's obviously not moving as fast as any of us would like. If we get more users joining, it will help get the worlds full, but there are still some problems we need to address on how the worlds are spaced out and how they pull in new users. I hope we can address some of those this year and at that point we may look at how to consolidate worlds if the new users still look like they are at the pace they are now. The process of consolidating will be pretty ugly and will mess with some world schedules, so it's not something I want to just throw at the game and the users. But at this point, it may be something we have to do later in the year.

1/18/2010 5:15 PM
Consolidation would be welcomed by many, many owners. Problems or not, it looks like it's needed.
1/18/2010 8:04 PM
Many, many, many owners are with you, Norbert. We outnumber the many, many that cosborn speaks for. Hang in there.
1/18/2010 11:04 PM
NORBERT -- see the thread i created

WHY would you have 4 different country leagues in my world, each with 1 division ... when you could just make it 4 DIVISIONS IN 1 COUNTRY/REGION .... then you could have promotions/relegations ... the noob teams would start off in Div 4 -- they wouldnt have to compete with 30k stadiums

then you could have League Cups etc

seems like the obvious way to change the game to make it competitive and realistic

do you know much about European Soccer? ... i'm a huge fan as are many others and we can give you info and tidbits if you need it ... also played games like Champ Mgr and FM for many years

promotions/relegations are much more important and interesting than having a fake "Canada" "Portugal" etc that don't compete with each other --- there's not even a "champions league" thing that make the top teams play each other

1/19/2010 1:27 AM
rufusjonz - great post - I agree completely! Time to makes this move.
1/19/2010 7:45 AM
rufusjonz - the idea is to get both mutliple countries AND mutliple divisions. Having multiple countries in a world allow more opportunities for future features as well as keeping it open to the international fans whenever we can reach them. There is a specific way in which the worlds build up in the game and why there are not mutliple divisions in worlds right now is because we are not getting the new users we were trying to get when we started creating worlds and we let new worlds get created a little faster than we probably should have. So instead of new divisions getting layered into existing worlds, new worlds were created. If we started getting a steady influx of new people, new divisions would be created within the existing worlds, and things are starting to come to fruition to make this happen but it has been a much longer, more painful process than we were initially led to believe.

We will eventually get the game to where we had originally planned, but we have a few other things to take care of first.
1/19/2010 9:35 AM
I don't like whining, most owners who are reading forum know that game is not finished yet, if you don't like your world(i am in same and is really competitive, there is 70 owners in 4 countries) go and find better one, I am sure that you know how to register email address, if you don't I can assist you.

Just remember each world is different than others, it is having his advantages and disadvantages.

I just figured where is your problem rufusjonz, you are mad that stadium sizes in England are smaller than Canada and Portugal league and you want be able to sign sing so many "gems" at s8......... i can fully understand your pain. It same in most USA and England leagues everywhere.
1/19/2010 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By norbert on 1/19/2010
rufusjonz - the idea is to get both mutliple countries AND mutliple divisions. Having multiple countries in a world allow more opportunities for future features as well as keeping it open to the international fans whenever we can reach them. There is a specific way in which the worlds build up in the game and why there are not mutliple divisions in worlds right now is because we are not getting the new users we were trying to get when we started creating worlds and we let new worlds get created a little faster than we probably should have. So instead of new divisions getting layered into existing worlds, new worlds were created. If we started getting a steady influx of new people, new divisions would be created within the existing worlds, and things are starting to come to fruition to make this happen but it has been a much longer, more painful process than we were initially led to believe.

We will eventually get the game to where we had originally planned, but we have a few other things to take care of first.

You are on the right track. Don't let few impatient people knock you off track.
1/19/2010 11:54 AM
im not bitter about my world -- it just gets boring that there are only 2 to 4 teams (including me) competing for the championship each year -- im in first btw -- but i win 6-0 quite often -- not competitive and discourages new ppl

i still say consolidate the good teams, by stadium size or something, and have promotions and relegations -- this should be done immediately -- if you have to, consolidte the worlds -- this isnt impatient, its so this game doesnt die from boredom

the country thing isnt that important, at least to me ... most of my players i sign from other "countries" anyway -- i would much rather have a cup/tourney and promotions/relegations --
1/19/2010 5:32 PM
and Europeans and S Americans arent gonna wanna join a game with very little tactics and no promotions/relegations/cups -- there are plenty of other online futbol games out there
1/19/2010 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rufusjonz on 1/19/2010im not bitter about my world -- it just gets boring that there are only 2 to 4 teams (including me) competing for the championship each year -- im in first btw -- but i win 6-0 quite often -- not competitive and discourages new ppl

i still say consolidate the good teams, by stadium size or something, and have promotions and relegations -- this should be done immediately -- if you have to, consolidte the worlds -- this isnt impatient, its so this game doesnt die from boredom

the country thing isnt that important, at least to me ... most of my players i sign from other "countries" anyway -- i would much rather have a cup/tourney and promotions/relegations --

There is huge IWT tournament, did you played there? If you didn't join the next one and you will be satisfied.
1/19/2010 5:37 PM
by the way, ive been playing a 3d playable online mmo type soccer game called football superstars that is really good when u get used to it, a bit tricky to learn -- just not many ppl online at night in usa time because its mostly europeans
1/19/2010 5:40 PM
Got question about nobert. Is it possible to hold players who want to join in world like USA,England and when they are 20 to start 2nd division in the closest rollover world.

My main team just rollover, few established teams dropped, that is not surprise. Now there is 8 new teams joined and they will start with 4m league payroll.
That is good for them and they will be able to sign 6 better than average players, but I am 99%sure that none save 1m to build good stadium and you know that after this season they wont be able to save enough cash to keep and sign new players. That will force them to abandon their teams.

Snake said that is not good to force someone how to play, but I am wondering if is possible to create something like separate budged for stadium improvement from the league payout, If the new owners want they can use it, if they won't it will stay frozen.

Other thing is that most popular nations had disadvantage against not so popular one, I don't want to play against 19 SIM controlled teams, but I want to play in competitive and established world.

Now you dropped game revenue with almost 30% and the money from away games will be even more miserable, than instead of improving my team i will have to reduce the salary and team quality, don't like that.

1/22/2010 10:59 AM
In a way, those of us who have been playing from season 1 have had some golden features, such as ever-increasing talent in the free agent pools and periods when we were flush with cash. These things couldn't continue indefinitely, systemhalter. The finances and talent pools of the game will stabilize at about seasons 8-10 and thereafter things will be on a pretty stable footing. We will do our best to build our stadium and fill our roster, making the most of the money available.

Everyone will have the same path to success, starting as a new team and growing the roster and the stadium. Some will succeed and some won't. Many of those who won't succeed will blame the game for not starting them on a par with the experienced teams. That will be just so much hot air.
1/22/2010 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
Starting second divisions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.