Stadium Size Limits Topic

Norbert - This is not in the FAQ

I don't like not knowing that you HAVE to convert at a certain level. This isnt fair if a owner built standing seats when there wasn't any rules. Thats cheap. Now I have to spend extra money to have the seats because you didn't do your job!
9/9/2009 4:13 PM
It's cheaper to change from standing to seating than it is to simply add seating, so I don't see what the problem is.

$14k to add 500 standing.
$30k to convert standing to seats

vs.

$70k to simply add 500 seats.

It's a no-brainer.
9/11/2009 7:55 AM
i can build new seats at $40k
9/12/2009 5:18 PM
It goes up as your stadium gets bigger. Soon you will see that it's cheaper to add standing and convert to seating once your stadium gets around 20k. Then you won't be able to add standing at all.
9/14/2009 9:10 PM
To add some numbers that I've come up with as a Newbie.

I've added 15K seating, and converted none of my 5K standing, to date, so total capacity is at 20K. Costs go up per 500 seats above 20K, but I've calculated the following:

Home revenue per standing seat: $2.48 / game
Home revenue per seated fan : $4.95 / game

Payback period for a new seat addition (assuming seat is sold each game): 18 home games
Payback period for new standing addition: 11 weeks
Payback period for conversion of standing to seated: 24 weeks +

I haven't been able to find anybody who knows if some (successful teams) charge more per seat per game than others. Obviously, successful teams draw more, but are their ticket prices higher?
11/16/2009 5:42 AM
No. Ticket prices are the same for every team in a world in a particular season. There is some change, though, from season to season.
11/16/2009 11:39 PM
Just trying to plan ahead ... how have the biggest stadiums been working out for you guys? Have there been times when you wished you had all that cash back to plow into your rosters?
4/2/2010 11:35 AM
Don't think that there is team with 60k stadium and league winner for few season, also don't think that if there is one is not from the "cheaters" group.
4/2/2010 12:22 PM
What's your stadium size, snake? I've got 50k. It's usually about 82% capacity, so I'm thinking I can sit on it next year, too. I've got the cash to upgrade it to 60k but I want to wait for the rollover to decide how I'm going to proceed.
4/2/2010 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By swezwakov on 4/02/2010What's your stadium size, snake? I've got 50k. It's usually about 82% capacity, so I'm thinking I can sit on it next year, too. I've got the cash to upgrade it to 60k but I want to wait for the rollover to decide how I'm going to proceed
41k. Filled it for only one out of seven home dates since it reached 41k. Putting more money into players than stadium seems to have worked out okay. I just try to keep up with the stadium, no point in a lot of empty seats.
4/2/2010 8:33 PM
As the seasons have progressed, I have continued to upgrade my players and kept my stadium at a capacity just a little above sellout. The one thing I've been hoping against has been a sudden spike in attendance, from which many of my competitors would benefit more than I. So far, it hasn't happened... attendance even dropped leaguewide in Season 9.

4/2/2010 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By damag on 4/02/2010
As the seasons have progressed, I have continued to upgrade my players and kept my stadium at a capacity just a little above sellout.

Yup, I think that's exactly the way to do it.
4/2/2010 9:13 PM
I am with 43k in England at s9, so far highest attendance was 42.5, with 120k for 500k I am planing to stay on 43 for s9 and than start building at s10.
With my alt team got 35k and so far was maxed out only 1 time at s9, the team is only 2 seasons old.
4/2/2010 9:22 PM
is the max still 60K?
5/26/2010 1:45 AM
Yes
5/29/2010 11:30 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Stadium Size Limits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.