Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

Killing Floor - Lee Child ; the first Jack Reacher novel. It was decent, but I'm not making this series a priority

Would urge you to read further....I have read the whole series and found it entertaining as hell. Would also recommend John Connolly Charlie Parker series starting with Every Dead Thing. Oh, and give Barry Eisler a shot. Starting with Rain Fall.
1/16/2013 6:49 PM
I haven't read a good book in over a year. I used to be in the habit of burning through about thirty minutes of reading before sleepytime. I need to get back on the bookwagon. What am I in the mood to read?..........

How about - military/nonfiction/1700-1850/international/lot of depth?

any suggestions?
1/16/2013 7:24 PM
EMPIRE OF THE SUMMER MOON--QUANAH PARKER+THE RISE AND FALL OF THE COMANCHE INDIANS---S.C. GWYNNE
1/16/2013 7:29 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 1/16/2013 7:29:00 PM (view original):
EMPIRE OF THE SUMMER MOON--QUANAH PARKER+THE RISE AND FALL OF THE COMANCHE INDIANS---S.C. GWYNNE
Thank ye.
1/16/2013 7:30 PM
lefty - lefty gomez story..kind of interesting
dream team - story of the first dream team. I really liked it.
currently reading; Who I Am - Pete Townsend's memoirs

along with Lee Child read the whole series and enjoyed em all) I strongly suggest Robert Crais and John Sandford
1/17/2013 12:51 AM
When I Left Home: My Story - Buddy Guy, David Ritz
1/17/2013 1:30 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 1/17/2013 12:51:00 AM (view original):
lefty - lefty gomez story..kind of interesting
dream team - story of the first dream team. I really liked it.
currently reading; Who I Am - Pete Townsend's memoirs

along with Lee Child read the whole series and enjoyed em all) I strongly suggest Robert Crais and John Sandford
Totaly agree with the Robert Crais and John Sanford. Would also strongly recommend the Bosch series by Michael Connelly
1/17/2013 2:18 AM
true dat!!!
1/17/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 1/16/2013 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Killing Floor - Lee Child ; the first Jack Reacher novel. It was decent, but I'm not making this series a priority

Would urge you to read further....I have read the whole series and found it entertaining as hell. Would also recommend John Connolly Charlie Parker series starting with Every Dead Thing. Oh, and give Barry Eisler a shot. Starting with Rain Fall.
I have read one Eisler book, can't remember the title offhand. It was a free e-book (or 99 cents or something like that). I liked it.
1/17/2013 3:12 PM
frogs can read?
1/17/2013 11:27 PM
THEY JUMP FROM CHAPTER TO CHAPTER
1/18/2013 6:51 AM
Finished Always A Pirate: The Steve Blass Story. 
1/18/2013 10:22 AM
Fall of Hyperion - Dan Simmons : the second of the Hyperion Cantos, actually the conclusion of Hyperion (the two books are essentially one book published in two volumes). Very good

Endymion - Dan Simmons : sequel to the Hyperion couplet, this is the only one of the four-book series not to win the Locus award, though it was short-listed. Weirdly enough, the book ends with the main characters finding "old Earth" and traveling to Taleisin West. I finished the book while in Scottsdale, having visited Taliesin West earlier that day.

Cabinet of Curiosities - Preston/Child : the third Pendergast novel, very good, even better than the Relic/Reliquary couplet.

Best American Sports Writing 2012 : actually stories published mostly in 2011. There were a fair number I'd seen before from SI or ESPN but there was plenty of good stuff from local writers

Best Nonrequired Reading 2012 : A mishmash of fiction, non-fiction, comics, etc. I was not too impressed. Lots of material regarding the Occupy Wall Street movement which didn't really add anything to my understanding. Comics very difficult to read on a Kindle. I liked the piece on the RLSH (Real Life Super Hero) Phoenix Jones from Seattle and a few short stories were interesting as well.

Best Science and Nature Writing 2012: This was quite good, lots of interesting stuff. Everything covered from bacteria to dinosaurs to artificial intelligence.

The Looking Glass War - John LeCarre: LeCarre reading project continues.
6/12/2013 11:18 AM
The remaining .... Dj molles
The passage ...... Justin cronin
6/13/2013 2:38 AM
THE PASSAGE OF POWER----ROBERT CARO

FLASHMAN AT THE CHARGE----GEORGE MCDONALD FRASER

I, CLAUDIUS------ROBERT GRAVES

THE GREAT AMERIKAN NOVEL----PHILIP ROTH

PARROT+ OLIVIER IN AMERICA-----PETER CAREY
6/13/2013 6:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...19 Next ▸
Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.