Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

World War Z - Max Brooks

It - Steven King

Lucky You - Carl Hiaasian

Striptease - Carl Hiaasian (did you know they made the movie from a book?)

Practical Demonkeeping - Christopher Moore
5/30/2010 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By hockey1984 on 5/30/2010
World War Z - Max Brooks

I read the Zombie Survival Guide thinking it would be a humourous book. Turns out it's an actual survival guide with no jokes. I was disappointed.

It - Steven King

One of the few King books I haven't read.

I read this one back in university and liked it enough that not too long ago I picked up a couple others (Tourist Season and Sick Puppy), but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

Yes.

Moore is definitely one of my favourites, and I've read all of his books. Lamb is by far my favourite, but they're all good. Have you read Island of the Sequined Love Nun?

5/30/2010 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By gregos on 5/30/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By hockey1984 on 5/30/2010

World War Z - Max Brooks

I read the Zombie Survival Guide thinking it would be a humourous book. Turns out it's an actual survival guide with no jokes. I was disappointed.

Yeah I read about half way through this book thinking this was one big joke but then I was like "Holy ****. THIS DUDE IS SERIOUS!!!" If you want more humor check out the Zombie Guide for Zombies (Its like ______ for dummies, should be in the same section)

It - Steven King

One of the few King books I haven't read.

Its fantastic. The movie doesn't do it justice and leaves out all the really really cool parts. This book actually scared the **** out of me. Course sleeping on an island in the middle of nowhere helps to that effect too.

I read this one back in university and liked it enough that not too long ago I picked up a couple others (Tourist Season and Sick Puppy), but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

The best one IMO is either Skinny dip (thats the first one that I read that got me hooked) or Skin tight. To be perfectly honest though I pretty much liked all of Hiassian's stories. There were some main characters that I didn't like (tell me if you think the main character from Sick Puppy is douche bag) but the stories flow so well its awesome.

Yes.

Moore is definitely one of my favourites, and I've read all of his books. Lamb is by far my favourite, but they're all good. Have you read Island of the Sequined Love Nun?

I have not. I think everyone should read lamb as it is one of the most brilliant books ever written. Moore I haven't read a ton of just because Hiaasian is cheaper and tends to be about 200 pages longer. Both fullfill my need for comedy though.

5/30/2010 3:00 PM

Caught up on a lot of LeCarre' this year:

Mission Song
A Most Wanted Man
Absolute Friends
The Nght Manager

Also have read "An Expensive Education" by Nick McDonnell, "Ice Station Zebra" by Alistair MacLean

Just started "Diplomacy" by Kissinger, which has been sitting on my bookshelf for about 15 years now, untouched.

11/16/2010 2:18 PM
last dance - behind the scenes at the final four    john feinstein
down to the wire - dave rosenfelt
moonlight mile - dennis lehane
11/16/2010 2:28 PM
Vicksburg 1864                              Winston Groom
With Wings Like Eagles                    Michael Korda
Retribution                                     Max Hastings
God's Soldiers                                Jonathan Wright
Third Reich At War                        Richard J. Evans
11/16/2010 3:48 PM
Moneyball  (yeah, a little late on this one; the chapter on Scott Hattesburg was fantastic) - Michael Lewis
When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin - Mick Wall
Hopes and Promises - Noam Chomsky
Da Bears: How the 1985 Monsters of the Midway Became the Greatest Team in NFL History - Steve Delshon
Nixonland - Rick Perlstein
11/16/2010 4:46 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 5/29/2010 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Just started "Last Call" The rise and fall of prohibition by Daniel Okrent. Now I can understand why Beck has such hatred for progressives.
Huh?
11/16/2010 5:11 PM
That was six months ago BUT the point was that prohibition was a progressive movement. Jokes are never funny when you have to explain them.
11/16/2010 7:38 PM
1. I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Tucker Max
2. Guadalcanal Diary - Richard Tregaskis
3. Mustaine - Dave Mustaine & Joe Layden
4. Al Kaline: The Biography of a Tigers Icon - Jim Hawkins
5. A Power Governments Cannot Suppress - Howard Zinn

11/21/2010 8:13 AM
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Chabon
The Corrections - Franzen
Freedom - Franzen
Suttree - McCarthy

all the other books I've read over the past few months have sucked ****

11/22/2010 12:18 AM
SAMURAI WILLIAM- GILES MILTON----VERY GOOD
FLASHMAN ON THE MARCH---- GEORGE MCDONALD FRASER----WHOLE SERIES AWESOME
BIO OF MARTIN VAN BUREN-- FURGET AUTHOR
I, CLAUDIUS-----ROBERT GRAVES
11/24/2010 3:41 PM
I want to read The Bullpen Gospels by Dirk Hayhurst...anyone read it yet?
11/24/2010 11:04 PM
The Count of Monte Cristo - Dumas
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Larsson
Absolute Friends - LeCarre
Diplomacy - Kissinger (not finished yet, just starting Vietnam portion)
7/26/2011 5:20 PM
When Pride Still Mattered-Maraniss
The Last Gunfight-Guinn
Howard Zinn on History-Zinn
Blood, Sweat And Chalk-Layden
23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism-Chang
7/26/2011 6:02 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.