I understand how RC is formulated, I'm curious how much stock is put into this when a manager is drafting a team. Seems there would be too many "what ifs" (pardon the pun) to get a fair evaluation of this stat.

9/21/2009 12:44 PM
I never use RC when drafting - prefer to use OPS+ (in most progressives) or OPS# (in other situations.)

I do use RC to evaluate the player's production in the league I drafted him into.
9/21/2009 1:16 PM
I typically don't look at RC when drafting a team. However, during the season I look at that number and RC/27 on my team closely to help determine possible lineup changes and/or possible waiver wire maneuvers. My guess is that most people would find this stat (next to) meaningless. I find it quite meaningful during the sim season and not so much when drafting a team.
9/21/2009 3:43 PM
It's one of the stats I use as a "tie breaker" if I find a few players that fit into the numbers I'm looking for.
9/21/2009 4:39 PM
9/21/2009 5:23 PM
If they had RC/27+ and RC/27#, I would use it almost exclusively...it is the best single number to represent a player's offensive value. That said, they don't have the +/# numbers for it, so you have to adjust it yourself. I use OPS for now (because they have +/#), though ideally RC/27 is better.
9/21/2009 6:49 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.