What are you reading? Topic

Reading for fun...or not. What book(s) are you currently reading.

They don't have to be about baseball, sim, stats or the like...just stuff that interests you. Might be some recommendations in here somewhere too.

We Would Have Played for Nothing: Stars of the 50's and 60's talk about baseball...compiled by Fay Vincent
10/27/2009 9:07 AM
Joe DiMaggio, The Hero's Life, Richard Ben Cramer
10/27/2009 9:34 AM
Attacking Zone Defenses
10/27/2009 9:41 AM
The Forever War by Joe Halderman - I'm not usually a huge SciFi person but it came highly recommended.

Before that I finished The Bill James Guide to Managers which was pretty good, but not great. It would make for a great theme league but I haven't had the time to create it yet.

I really want to re-read Crazy '08 by Cait Murphy... I really enjoyed that. It is the story of the 1908 baseball season.
10/27/2009 9:50 AM
The Murder of King Tut, James Patterson
10/27/2009 10:12 AM
The Count of Monte Crisco - by some french dude. Excellant book (for a frog)
10/27/2009 10:13 AM
Sixty Feet Six Inches: Bob Gibson and Reggie Jackson Talk About How the Game is Played. Some interesting conversation on baseball and other topics. I never would have thought those two would do a book together... it's an odd coupling.

Also reading Heat Wave by Richard Castle... my guilty pleasure... it's based on the tv series "Castle" with Nathan Fillion. Just love that guy's work.
10/27/2009 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By truemen on 10/27/2009The Count of Monte Crisco - by some french dude. Excellant book (for a frog
Alexandreee Dumbass.... Dumbass?!?
10/27/2009 11:40 AM
The Nixon Presidency: An Oral History of the Era. - Deborah Hart Strober & Gerald Strober

Had a Kindle, which I've learned doesn't take a 3-foot drop onto concrete, so I'm digging in to the TBR stack of real books. The current book is a chaser to my last read, Tom Wicker's biography of Nixon, One of Us.
10/27/2009 11:44 AM
In the Underworld - Laurie Taylor
Sociology/Criminology book about London's criminal underworld in the 1980's. The author, somewhat of an ivory tower academic, is given the Cook's tour by former Public Enemy #1, John McVicar (you may remember a Roger Daltrey film about him).

I also just ordered Tris Speaker: The Rough-and-Tumble Life of a Baseball Legend by Timothy M. Gay, which I hear is excellent.
10/27/2009 12:13 PM
About 30 pages from finishing Ball Four. It's not exactly what I expected, written as a diary instead of a book.
10/27/2009 12:24 PM
Ball Four is to sports books what Citizen Kane is to movies. It gets props for being groundbreaking, but when you finally get around to reading/watching it you find out it pretty much sucks donkey chips.
10/27/2009 12:48 PM
Just started The Original Curse: Did the Cubs Throw the 1918 World Series to Babe Ruth's Red Sox and Incite the Black Sox Scandal? by Sean Deveney.

10/27/2009 12:54 PM
always wanted to read Ball Four, never got around to it. I remember it when it first came out it was touted as a tell all. I'll get to it I'm sure because it covers one of my favorite eras.
10/27/2009 12:57 PM
STEPHEN KING - Just After Sunset
10/27/2009 1:07 PM
1|2|3...89 Next ▸
What are you reading? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.