What are you reading? Topic

Just finished Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success by Steve Harvey.  He's awesome!!
2/17/2015 1:39 PM
it isn't high falutin stuff but the first veronica mars book is great and highly recommended for fans of the show.
for fans of the conan doyle sherlocks holmes...titan books has published a series of recent Sherlock holmes books from the 70s to very recent..and current.. I think about 20 of about 30 are good enough to be thought of as canon. most are that good.
2/27/2015 10:24 AM (edited)
i use to love the old sherlock holmes TV show of the 60's with Basil Rathbone as sherlock
2/27/2015 12:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
you got me thinking so i had to google it your right he played in 14 sherlock holmes movies in the 40's i had seen them in the 60's every saturday and remembered that as a tv series.  i have watxched elementary and it is good what i did'nt care for was the robert downey jr movies
2/27/2015 2:59 PM
OVER THE EDGE OF THE WORLD--MAGELLAN'S TERRIFYING CIRCUMNAVIGATION OF THE GLOBE. BY LAURENCE BERGREEN
2/27/2015 3:07 PM
I am finally reading Harold Seymour and Dorothy Seymour Mills, Baseball: The Early Years. Well worth the read. 

2/27/2015 5:04 PM
never watched psych but a few years back i did'nt have cable and my wife and i would build our day around watching monk what a great and funny show
2/27/2015 7:19 PM
I'm reading Stonewall in the Valley by Robert G. Tanner. Recently finished The Summer of Beer and Whiskey, a great baseball book.
3/27/2015 12:37 PM
Sandel's an interesting writer.  One of his sentences that stuck with me was (paraphrasing): "We went from having a market economy to being a market society."

I just finished reading Elizabeth Kolbert's The Sixth Extinction.  A pretty good book with a unique approach to analyzing the mass extinctions currently underway.  Bonus baseball-related points for the line describing Neanderthal man as "looking like Yogi Berra."

3/27/2015 2:00 PM
love the Beer and Whiskey league the browns owner Von De Ahr  was the original Bill Veeck. i have The Beer $ Whiskey League by David Nemec great book great stories one of the best is p- Tony Mullane who threw with both hands equally and would hide the ball behind his back so the batter would be confused as to which hand the ball was coming out of. the only other pitcher i have ever heard of to do this was in my hometown and i saw him he played for Creighton pat venditte he had a special glove that fit both hands but he could'nt switch arms during the same AB only between hitters
3/27/2015 5:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...90 Next ▸
What are you reading? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.