Tim McCarver Topic

"Pedro and Jeter, here are two of the World Series best, they just, uh, uh, zone out and there they are, two of the best"

"Only 7 guys play behind the pitcher and they can't be everywhere"

"When a ball is hit right at you, you think about making the play"- This one is pretty classic Mr. Obvious
10/29/2009 8:27 PM
I didn't say he was Johnny Bench, just a decent catcher and obviously a bad announcer. Gibson/Carlton are hall of famers who dont need no stinking signs.
10/29/2009 9:09 PM
From what I know, Gibson and Carlton were never voted Mr. Personality on their team. My guess is they thought everyone was a chump.
10/29/2009 9:32 PM
My guess is that it's gotta be hard for you to talk with Jeter's balls in your mouth...

Derek Jeter = Robin Yount

Only Jeter always had the highest payrolled team in history along for the ride with him...
10/29/2009 9:40 PM
Are you dressing in drag for the big Halloween gig?
10/29/2009 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By meloidogyne on 10/28/2009
"Watch the right foot throw"

Lmao. This is my favorite.
10/29/2009 10:13 PM
"Phillies looking for the bunt here, I don't think he's going to bunt."

*Batter tries to bunt*
10/29/2009 10:29 PM
I don't think I really minded McCarver until the ALCS this year. A couple of my cats were chasing around the house, and one of them caught the mouse cord on my computer, sending the mouse crashing into the ground. I'm getting increasingly frustrated trying to fix the mouse for a few minutes, and McCarver says something (not sure of the exact quote) like...

"Well this is really interesting. Derek Jeter homered in his first at-bat this season and in his last at-bat this season."

At this point...I just lost it.

NO, Tim that is not really interesting! In fact, it is not the least bit interesting!! STFu, McCarver!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was just the circumstances, but it was like it suddenly hit me how annoying he could be.
10/29/2009 10:57 PM
He just said that Melky Cabrera does not have a very strong arm. He obviously does his homework.

"Matt Stairs tries to hit the ball as hard as he can, as far as he can."
10/29/2009 10:58 PM
....my most favorite all-time Tim McCarver moment has to be, without a doubt, when Neon Deion dumped a bucket full of water on his head on live TV....what a man Deion, what a man.
10/30/2009 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Bilfert on 10/29/2009He just said that Melky Cabrera does not have a very strong arm. He obviously does his homework.

Thanks for confirming that. I thought it's what he said, but figured he couldn't be that stupid.

Not like Melky had the STRONGEST arm in the outfield, or anything.
10/30/2009 11:23 PM
"There is a world of difference between a count of one ball and two strikes is a lot different situation than hitting with two strikes and one ball."
10/31/2009 12:13 AM
Joe Buck's "over but low" phrase, in reference to a low pitch, makes me want to kill babies.
10/31/2009 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jvford on 10/28/2009
"The cake...was a shut out by Cliff Lee. The icing...was a double by Carlos Ruiz."

I mentioned to my wife what a tard he was after that one.
10/31/2009 3:08 AM
Also, every five minutes, he starts a sentence with... "Back in 1950, the New York Yankees..." and goes on and on with the same stories he has always told. No one cares about you Tim! Anybody seen his lame show late at night?
10/31/2009 12:27 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Tim McCarver Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.