HELP ME WITH PRACTICE PLANS Topic

Can anyone give me any really good advice to improve my players. I believe this is my 6th season in hd and the one part I really cant get down is getting my guys to improve like I think they should. I compare to other teams and their guys ratings are going up like crazy and mine seem so minimal. Any advice? Thanks.
10/29/2009 11:40 AM
When recruiting you need to find out with either scouting states or evaluation trips what a recruit's potential is. You can practice something all day long, but unless the player has room to improve or "high potential" they will stop improving fairly quickly.

In general if the practice plan is what is causing you problems, anywhere from 10-15 minutes practice in a skill area will provide decent improvement if the player is able to improve that area.

10/30/2009 12:58 AM
Yes, and you want the high potential in the skills most important to the offense and defense you run. No need to spend more than 5-7 minutes on a skill not critical or a skill below 20. And if they are below 15 in a skill (some coaches say 20), don't waiste any minutes on practice.

WE and playing time are also important. Make sure your younger players are getting some minutes. I also prefer a WE of 30+ and I never take a guy below 20 when recruiting.

You must understand that putting minutes into Conditioning will affect 4 differnt areas, so you get the most bang for the minutes there. Def and FT shooting are the slowest to improve.

Finally, you need 5-7 minutes to hold a skill where it is so don't practice more than that on a low potential skill. 10-12 is a good number for a guy at normal potential, (a little more if you have extra minute to give or it is a critical skill). You want to spend 15-20 on skills that are high, (unless it is Def or FT or you have extra minutes). You will have to adjust that for each player.

Just realize if they are normal they will not improve as quickly or as much as if they are high potential and WE and playing time are the multiplyers.

That help?
10/31/2009 5:35 PM
By the way

GO MUSKIES!!!!!!!
11/2/2009 5:07 PM
HELP ME WITH PRACTICE PLANS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.