Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Posted by mudbone1969 on 4/16/2012 6:22:00 PM (view original):
No f'ing WAY any team takes 7uon6o off Vancouver's hands.  He has no trade value at all and every GM out there knows it.
With respect, Mudbone, perhaps you are underestimating the capacity for miscalculation possessed by some NHL teams, such as Toronto and NYI.
4/19/2012 7:07 AM
 Muddcrotch is a dumbass but i actually think he makes a valid point ..he mustve asked his wife what she thought?
4/19/2012 8:45 PM
 The difference ive always tried to get across which is the difference between Luongo and Schneider ..is the penalty shot ..when the team absolutely really needs a big save Schneids stops the penalty shot ..when the team is in a tight 1-1 tie luongo does the snow angel and gives up the SH breakaway goal ..Luongo is a loser and will never win the big game ..Schneider is the man ..trade Luongo to anybody who we can get any form of prospect ..Vancouver wouldve already won the cup and been in the hunt for its second or 3rd if Cory was our starter for the last 3-4 years
4/19/2012 8:54 PM
With the salary cap, just getting rid of Luongo for nothing in return would be a huge victory, as all of that $$$ would be freed up for free agents.  Most likely, Van would have to take some overpaid bums back in return.
4/19/2012 9:30 PM
Lu's cap hit is 5.33 mil (not as high as most people think).  Some of that money saved will go to Cory Schneider who's RFA after this season.  The Monster in Toronto is UFA and he made 1.4 mil, so Lu is an additional cap hit to the Leafs of 3.9 million...........I bet you any money Burke makes the deal.

Leafs will give up their 1st draft pick because the Leafs draft crappy anyway......Burke needs the team in the PLAYOFFS just to save his job.

To TOR:One Anchor
To VAN:Toronto 1st 2012
4/19/2012 10:13 PM
Maybe Gillis should take Garth Snow (Islanders gm) out for a wine and dine, maybe a fishing trip to the Queen Charlotte Islands.  Islanders are short of D-men.  USA born Keith Ballard would be a great fit on Long Island.....All we need for Keith is Islanders first pick in 2012???  (I can dream) I am sure we would take a 7th for Ballard.....lol

Get er done Mike......
4/19/2012 10:36 PM
My money is that if Luo is moved it will be to Tampa Bay. Book it.
4/19/2012 11:21 PM
Posted by styckman on 4/19/2012 11:21:00 PM (view original):
My money is that if Luo is moved it will be to Tampa Bay. Book it.
As I stated earlier Tampa Bay was my other choice for LU.....Just get him out of Vancouver.  The KHL would work??
4/19/2012 11:26 PM
Both Tampa and Toronto are in desperate need of a goalie, and Luongo is a big upgrade on this year for both.  Would Luongo waive his no trade clause?

I bet Tampa would want to unload Lecavalier and his anchor contract
4/20/2012 12:17 AM
Posted by paul71 on 4/20/2012 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Both Tampa and Toronto are in desperate need of a goalie, and Luongo is a big upgrade on this year for both.  Would Luongo waive his no trade clause?

I bet Tampa would want to unload Lecavalier and his anchor contract
Luongo wants to be a starter???  So YES he waives his NT clause to play for either TOR or TBAY.

Differance between the TOR and TBAY GM's is Burke is on the bubble and Stevie Y is going to be there for the long haul.....So advantage to stevie Y.

Hence Lu to the desparate GM=Burke
4/20/2012 12:40 AM
Posted by juskay on 4/19/2012 10:36:00 PM (view original):
Maybe Gillis should take Garth Snow (Islanders gm) out for a wine and dine, maybe a fishing trip to the Queen Charlotte Islands.  Islanders are short of D-men.  USA born Keith Ballard would be a great fit on Long Island.....All we need for Keith is Islanders first pick in 2012???  (I can dream) I am sure we would take a 7th for Ballard.....lol

Get er done Mike......
It's "Haida Gwaii" Juskay, get with the times!

4/20/2012 1:48 AM
Good point Holer.......How is life?  Your health??  You were doing much better last time I checked.  I pray for you.
4/20/2012 2:03 AM
I am doing better, tough sledding though.  Maybe I need new dogs!

4/20/2012 3:09 PM
Cory will win game 5 for you Holer ...you closet Canuck fan !
4/20/2012 11:06 PM
I was listening to team 1040 today while working ...Vigneault isnt really considering who is net right? that is just idiotic if he is ..not playing the guy that won u the elimination game and stopped a crucial penalty shot? that is just posturing ..if Cory isnt in net Sunday ..ill be pulling for a LA win and subsequent Vigneault firing ..
4/20/2012 11:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...176|177|178|179|180...213 Next ▸
Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.