Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Just like Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, made an awful core group of players.
5/9/2012 11:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Never said we need more Euros.  We need better players period, just like every team.  I just dont buy into the argument that the birthplace dictates your desire to win.  Stop living in the 70's.  Being a Euro didn't hurt Chara or the Bruins last season.  Every team left in the playoffs have European born players playing prominent roles.  An important piece to winning is players willing to go to the middle and pay the price in front of the net.  The best player in that role over the past 10 seasons is Holmstrom, but that can't be he's from Europe.
5/10/2012 1:00 AM
Needs for the next season

1/ A top 4 D-man.
2/ A new number one line.  The Sedins have been the top line for 7 seasons in a row now.  If the Canucks are going to win the cup another line needs to become the top line, and the Sedins settle in to a second line role - much the same as Yzerman.  He never won the cup as the best player on his team.  Is Kesler going to take over on the number one line now?  I hope so but am not fully convinced it will hapen.  Maybe a new first line player needs to be brought in.
3/Solid goal tending.  I expect to see Schneider / Lack as the goalies next season which should be adequate.
4/2 or 3 players who can crash the net and win the battles in front of the net - a Dustin Brown sort of player.
5/A new team strategy that is all about defence first.  Sure it is boring to watch regular season but it is the best strategy on winning in the playoffs
6/Shedding a few salaries - Ballard, Raymond, Booth, Malhotra - are all over paid for what they brought to the team this season.
7/A couple of D men who can clear teh front of the net.  How about bringing home a BC boy like Jackman to play in a top 4 role.

5/10/2012 1:10 AM
Oh wait, did I just advocate for a stronger, bigger, tougher group of forwards and D men who get dirty in front of the net?

I don't care where their birth certificate says.  If we find a 6foot5 245 pound power forward with golden hands who scores 30 goals next season from Brazil I'm all for him.
5/10/2012 1:12 AM
In General....Euro's would rather win the the World's or the Olympics....That is their Stanley cup?
In General....Every Canadian kid would rather win the Stanley cup......losers go play at the world's.....

So based on this GENERAL THEORY..........I would agree with randle that we should target Canadian kids....to build our team around, and abandon the EURO core of players.....

I agree....
5/10/2012 1:14 AM
Booth is as good as gone.  Surprised that the Hawk fans didn't come on here with "GUNS a BLAZEN"  (or at least with Bow and arrow blazen).  Booth shot a Chara sized Bruin in Alberta with his bow.  Booth was hiding in a tree blind, with a bunch of bait below him on the ground to attract the Bears (baiting is illegal in 18 states and in BC where I live).  I am a hunter, but baiting is a cowardly way to hunt.  More of an ambush than sport.  I doubt he killed the Bear for meat.  I will put money on it that Booth is the first player gone from the Canuck's no room for this kind of coward........Other tid bits I am hearing are....Canucks will buy out Manny Malhotra, unless Manny retires first.  Lu to the Leafs will become reality soon...
5/20/2012 3:40 PM
 I hear what you are saying Juskay ..as much as i hate killing anything and am against hunting in general, i even pick up spiders and put them outside..i dont kill anything ,but i eat all meat and have gone fishing etc..Booth did what was within the rules of that province , that shouldnt have anything to do with what he does for a living ..what he does in his free time is his business ,if it is against the law then we have a point , but it is not, and the fact i  disagree with killing any Bears  ,doesnt mean that we are  right
5/20/2012 7:53 PM
Randle, you are correct that Booth did nothing illegal.  Booth is a public figure and needs to be more aware of his actions.  Booth choose to post videos of the kill on the internet etc.  As a fan, I don't want this guy on my team.  I don't want him banned from making a living playing hockey, I just don't want the guy playing hockey on my favorite team.  Send him to Chicago, it would be one more GOOD reason to hate the HAWKS!!!
5/20/2012 8:29 PM
I hear you Juskay,and i hate what he did as well , but who will crash the net if we get rid of Booth? lol we are lacking in team toughness already
5/21/2012 12:32 AM
Booth is billed as a top 6 forward.  Probably not defensively responsible enough to be bottom 6 forward, and not scoring well enough to be in the top 6.  Can he be a 30 goal scorer again?  If not I would trade him.
5/21/2012 12:46 AM
You're also forgetting that his nut has already been rattled on a couple of occasions, and he is an accident waiting to happen in that category as well.

5/21/2012 1:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...180|181|182|183|184...213 Next ▸
Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.