Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
typical canucks ,Brule was a star in their own backyard ,but they would rather sign these deadbeats instead of giving Brule a tryout ,a tryout? the kid was a high draft pick he has offensive skill with a mean streak ,he says he has got his head in a right place now and is in his best shape ever and wants to get back into the NHL..But Gillis  signs these deadbeats with zero skill..give the kid a shot ,he wants to play in vancouver , he was a star in junior here,what is wrong with this franchise?
7/20/2013 12:24 PM
Lets get this forum rolling again.

Canucks are opening talks with the Sedins about a contract extention. This should prove interesting as some are suggesting that they could demand 7-8 mill / season. Not sure if there will be any home town discounts but they both expressed that they want to stay.

I'm really on the fence with these guys. No doubt they're talented but they have showed us that they can't be counted on in the P/O's.
9/13/2013 2:16 PM
way too much , you want 7-8 million you need to be the team"s  best players in the reg season as well as the playoffs , i think they top out at 5 million ,good reg season players ,non playoff performers ..but we have Gillis at the helm  so they will probably get 9 million each
9/13/2013 9:08 PM
Hey Randle.....Luongo was stellar in his first pre-season start......He made at least one save on his first five shots......NOT BAD EH!!
9/18/2013 11:49 PM
its only preseason but he didnt look good ,if that was the the first reg season game ,the air waves wouldve been lit up all nite ..
9/19/2013 11:36 PM
So Canucks nation I have been pondering this thought all summer long??.......With a new coach (Torts) should the team also replace their captain??

My answer is YES!!  Henrik is a great player, but he disappears in the playoffs.  Henrik does not display FIERY leadership skills and appears meak and weak.  New coach (Torts) is fiery and emotional and I think the NEW Canucks Captain should also be fiery and emotional!!!

I know Sedin supporters are ready to FLAME away at me.........So bring it!!

But the new captain should be Kesler or Bieksa..............Change the coach, change the captain and change the franchises culture!!!!!!  Winnjig the cup is the only GOAL!!!  How we get there does not matter!!!
9/20/2013 10:42 PM
Ive always thought Kesler should be captain ..I love how he competes , he absolutrely wanted to kick Canada's  *** in the Olympics ,you could see it in his face ..and for all you Booth Haters ,watch out ..if he can stay healthy he is just the type of guy we need ..drives the net ,fast and fearless ..Kassian and Booth will have big years if they can stay healthy ..mark my words 
9/21/2013 12:54 AM
so with the regular season just around the corner and Gillis promising big changes , how similiar is the starting line up gonna be ? weaker in net and to me looks eerily similiar..add a few minor changes...where are the big changes Mike?...just curious?
9/26/2013 11:04 PM
isnt that the meaning of insanity?  expecting different results with the same effort?
9/26/2013 11:07 PM
Nice scrap by Bieksa. 

9/27/2013 12:23 AM
Sorry randle but Luo looked great tonight.
9/27/2013 12:29 AM
 True , he looked good ,but it was just pre season .. im all for Luongo if he plays to what he should ..just dont collapse when the reg season starts..
9/27/2013 1:25 AM
◂ Prev 1...198|199|200|201|202...213 Next ▸
Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.