Not giving up the walk! Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By mattedesa on 11/30/2009 ...In fact, studies show that 2/3 of all statistics are made up on the spot...
Just like the "Global Warming" arguments. [It has been proven multiple times that the average temperature of the planet has been cooling for over a decade, yet advocates of global warming continue to make up their own statistics to support their beliefs.]

12/1/2009 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By believeit on 12/01/2009
Just like the "Global Warming" arguments. [It has been proven multiple times that the average temperature of the planet has been cooling for over a decade, yet advocates of global warming continue to make up their own statistics to support their beliefs.]

Cite your sources, please. Also, please clarify in excruciating detail which components of the planet's "temperatures" are *cooling* and the variance historical models you are referencing.

If you wish to take this one-sided debate offline to Sitemail, I'll be glad to bury you under an avalanche of online resources and credible published sources that will help you see the light. I can even provide you access to some NOAA case studies I've been working on for the last 15 years that will allow you to re-clarify your oversimplified perception of this issue.

And don't worry, Chief. I'm a card-carrying Reagan Republican. So you don't have to worry about political taint. ;-)

12/1/2009 2:15 PM
You missed the point.

I was only giving an example of how selective statistics are used to defend positions on a controversial issue. It was not to start a discussion of global warming theories.

12/1/2009 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pfattkatt on 12/01/2009So...who would you say is the greatest pitcher ever? Hitter? team? Growing up in the '60's, it is hard for me to imagine anyone better than Koufax, but... Mantle was my hero growing up. And I am still tied into the '27 Yankees. If they aren't the best ever, I'm not sure I want to know
OFF TOPIC
12/1/2009 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mattedesa on 11/30/2009
...In fact, studies show that 2/3 of all statistics are made up on the spot...

OFF TOPIC
Quote: Originally Posted By bookism on 12/01/2009

Cite your sources, please. Also, please clarify in excruciating detail which components of the planet's "temperatures" are *cooling* and the variance historical models you are referencing.

If you wish to take this one-sided debate offline to Sitemail, I'll be glad to bury you under an avalanche of online resources and credible published sources that will help you see the light. I can even provide you access to some NOAA case studies I've been working on for the last 15 years that will allow you to re-clarify your oversimplified perception of this issue.

And don't worry, Chief. I'm a card-carrying Reagan Republican. So you don't have to worry about political taint. ;-)

OFF TOPIC
I think Tiger Woods wife is a fox - what do you guys think?
12/1/2009 4:06 PM
I think she's a human being. An attractive one at that...
12/1/2009 4:07 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/3/2009 7:25 AM
Well apparently evaluating the effect of walks over a 120yr period isn't a big enough sample size either.
12/3/2009 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By boogerlips on 12/03/2009Well apparently evaluating the effect of walks over a 120yr period isn't a big enough sample size either
that's just the first 120 year period....there will be others, we'll just have to wait long enough.
12/3/2009 3:50 PM

Up!

2/18/2011 2:11 AM
◂ Prev 123456
Not giving up the walk! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.