OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

GO METS GO!!!
12/2/2009 4:48 PM
Offseason moves so far include hiring former Red GM Wayne Krivsky to work in the front office and bringing in Henry Blanco to backup Gary Carter or whoever our starting catcher is these days (Blanco deal may not be official yet).
12/2/2009 4:49 PM

JOHNNYCAKES
12/2/2009 4:56 PM
HOKA HOKA HEY HEY!!

74 WINS, TOPS!!!
12/2/2009 5:45 PM
Just a few things to do this off-season:

Get rid of Minaya and Manuel

Shop Santana and get whatever young cheap talent they can get while he still has value (IF someone would be willing to take that contract- maybe Boston would...)

Fill holes at Catcher, Second (don't say Castillo is the answer), Firstbase, field, Rightfield and the entire pitching staff except for KRod, Santana and Maine...

12/2/2009 10:06 PM
Whats wrong with Castillo?
12/2/2009 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Feamster on 12/02/2009
Just a few things to do this off-season:

Get rid of Minaya and Manuel

Shop Santana and get whatever young cheap talent they can get while he still has value (IF someone would be willing to take that contract- maybe Boston would...)

Fill holes at Catcher, Second (don't say Castillo is the answer), Firstbase, field, Rightfield and the entire pitching staff except for KRod, Santana and Maine...

Stupid post I ever read. Mets need to get rid of you.
12/2/2009 11:38 PM
First off to anyone whos posting here, lets not start off with Omar or Manual got to go. If you are a Met fan you KNOW thats NOT gonna happen. They have been given another year. Manual has been allowed to change his coaching staff and Omar has made many other orginization position changes. They are both staying.

2nd - Teams like the Yankees and Mets NEVER rebuild. They spend money. And then they spend more money. Santana ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE! Neither is Beltran or Wright or K-Rod.

My opinion is that they need AT LEAST 2 SP. Where they are going to get them from I have no idea.

They also need at least 1 HR bat to play 1B or LF. Maybe both.

They need a catcher. I don't think Santos is an everyday catcher.

Looking at:

C - Need

1B - Murphy (Not happy with him. Think the orginazation over-rates him).

2B - Castillo will be fine or another year

SS - Reyes (fingers crossed)

3B - D Wright

LF - Need (Pagan is the default LF but, again, not an everyday player).

CF - Beltran

RF - Francouer

Santana

Maine

Pelfrey

Closer K-Rod

This is an 80-85 win team, as is. Need lots of help
12/3/2009 1:00 AM
Francouer should be in the Northern League.

Pitching.
12/3/2009 1:19 AM
For the St. Paul Saints.

Worst everyday major league player I can think of off the top of my head..
12/3/2009 1:20 AM
If someone would take Santana???? The best pitcher in baseball????

Yeah, he got hurt and struggled, then they shut him down. But before he was hurt, and for the last 5-6 years, he's the best pitcher. You don't trade the best pitcher. Duh.
12/3/2009 7:14 AM
You DO trade the best pitcher in baseball if that's all you have to compete with in a division that happens to have the Two-time defending National League Champions and the resurgent Braves- two teams that will probably win 90+ games. A wild-card berth is not in the cards for the Mets this year and probably not the next two or three. They will spend 60 million plus to have Santana pitch beautifully for 7 innings while the team behind him finds ways to lose games. He should have won 20+ games each year with the Mets, but he is wasting away on this team.

The front office in place does not have the wherewithall to patch together a play-off contender. The FA market is weak, and even if they overpay for Bay- they still have too many holes to fill. I know very well the Mets will field a team- that's not the question, if that's all they want to do.

If they really want to compete in the NL East they need to scrape the plate and start over. No matter how many spices they add to the meal they cooked- it will get their fans sick to their stomach by the all-star break.

Their clubhouse from all accounts is totally dysfunctional. And there are no leaders in a linguistically divided team. Does any of that matter in MLB? Well, look at the Yanks and Phils and they have both great chemistry and strong leadership. The Mets will put fans in the seats and the media will help the front office blow smoke up those same fans' ***** with over-hyped mediocrity. This might seem like a stupid post to those who are delusional. Let's see what they say in August when the Mets are 18 games back and heading for 90 losses.
12/3/2009 8:51 AM
LOL Dumbass
12/3/2009 10:57 AM
Trade Santana to the Giants!

We'll give you Zito and Rowand.
12/3/2009 10:59 AM
Sell Reyes!

While you can still get something
12/3/2009 12:11 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.