OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

Gary Matthews Jr.
1/22/2010 10:34 AM
ugh
1/22/2010 10:35 AM
enjoy that pile of garbage. at least the angels are paying most of his salary for ye
1/22/2010 11:22 AM
METS ARE CONTENDAHS!!!

DUFFY DYER!!!!
1/22/2010 11:26 AM
GEORGE THEODORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/22/2010 4:17 PM
I agree that a 63 year old "Stork "Theodore would be a better option for the Mets at this point...
1/22/2010 4:24 PM
Career OPS+ = 93.

Last 2 seasons OPS+ = 77, 83

I'm so excited about this!
1/23/2010 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mfahie on 1/23/2010Career OPS+ = 93.

Last 2 seasons OPS+ = 77, 83

I'm so excited about this

WOW. Is that right? Really can't understand it.

1/24/2010 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 1/22/2010
METS ARE CONTENDAHS!!!

DUFFY DYER!!!!

Right about now the Mets WISHED they had a catcher as good as Duffy Dyer was. Sad.
1/24/2010 5:45 AM
I'm at a loss for critical words...I was all prepared to make fun of the Mets for signing Piniero, Marquis, and Molina in their attempt to be competitive in the NL East.

They couldn't even do that. I guess I have to just shut up and wait for them to make their "next move"...

;-)
1/24/2010 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Feamster on 1/24/2010
I'm at a loss for critical word

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ARE YOU KIDDING?

Cricriticizing the Mets is what you do best in this world. Not like anything you ever say is wrong, but you don't EVER let up.

If you did your job this well you would be a millionaire.
1/24/2010 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By timeprime71 on 1/24/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By Feamster on 1/24/2010

I'm at a loss for critical words

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ARE YOU KIDDING?

Cricriticizing the Mets is what you do best in this world. Not like anything you ever say is wrong, but you don't EVER let up.

If you did your job this well you would be a millionaire.
Actually, I'm a millionaire despite the amount of time I spend bashing the Mets- but I agree I could be doing better things with my time.

Really though, you gotta have a sense of humor when discussing the Mets- and maybe if enough people complain about the lack of direction, the poor minor league situation, and the inept management of the Mets, maybe a lightbulb will go off and changes will be made. But by pretending that all is well and by sitting in the stands rooting for the inferior product being "sold" to a rabid fan base, the Mets will have no reason to change- they will basically make the same amount of money -win or lose.

I listen alot to MLB radio, and there is a consensus emerging from the many different radio personalities- that the Mets are off on some path to nowhere. They each question the moves made (or not made) by Minaya and they too believe that 2010 will be a long year for the Amazin's...So I don't think I'm alone.

I do admire the fans that stick by their team no matter what- through thick or thin- but it angers me when management takes advantage of those strong feelings to get away with performing so badly without repercussions.

Met fans deserve better.

1/24/2010 7:18 PM
The truth be told, I don't disagree with anything you've said.

The problem lies with A) You're relentless and B) The joy you take in slamming them.

Look, you're right. We know all about it. But give it a rest.

1/24/2010 7:26 PM
Any Met fans out there still care?

Well in case you do ........

Looks like Delgado is definitly NOT coming back. I was holding out hope he was but it seems like he was NOT moving to well at 1B in the PR league and seems destined to come back in the AL as a DH.

Funny thing is all the 2nd guessers made a big deal when the Mets traded Mike Jacobs, like he's good or something. Well he's sitting out there in the FA pool with no job. I don't want him, I think he stinks, but people talked him up good when the Mets traded him.

At this point with all the money they have tied up in contracts I feel they need to sign whatever over the hill, over payed FA is out there (like Pedro and Smoltz etc.) Whats the difference at this point? Bedard, Wang ... whoever...sign 'em.

Its going to be a shame when the contracts of Santana, Beltran, Wright, Reyes, Bay, K-Rod and all the rest expire with the Mets having ZERO pennents to show for their money. Might as well chuck in some more cash and try to make a ran.

What difference does it make to me? After paying out the butt for tickets and $25 (yes $25) to park, its still going to cost me $100 for 4 Hot Dogs, 2 beers and 2 sodas and a couple of cheap souvenirs. Let them pay for players, I don't care.

My prediction: Mets next BIG signing ............. Fernando Freaking Tatis
1/28/2010 10:20 AM
Where the hell do you live that you drive to Citi?

Public transportation's the way, my man...........until they clear up that mess that was Shea
1/28/2010 11:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.