OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

Reyes is coming off by far the worst season of his career. Youdont sell low. Trading Santana makes more sense, and you know how I feel about that!
12/3/2009 12:24 PM
Ill repeat it again, maybe the dumbasses will get it ..... Teams like the Mets and Yankees DONT rebuild. They can't/won't EVER give up on a season in the off or pre season. (Thats not to say they won't dump in AUG or Sept).

The Mets ADD! They spend money. Santana ain't going nowhere!! Neither are any of the bg name/contracts.

This aint Pittsburg.
12/3/2009 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Primetime17 on 12/03/2009
Ill repeat it again, maybe the dumbasses will get it ..... Teams like the Mets and Yankees DONT rebuild. They can't/won't EVER give up on a season in the off or pre season. (Thats not to say they won't dump in AUG or Sept).

The Mets ADD! They spend money. Santana ain't going nowhere!! Neither are any of the bg name/contracts.

This aint Pittsburg.

Wow, you're really riding the "dumbass" train today...trying to compensate for something?

No one is disagreeing with you that the Yanks and Mets try to buy their way out of trouble.

They are saying the Mets SHOULD trade Santana to fill holes and get future value...and they should, if they're smart.

Just because they won't, doesn't mean they shouldn't..."dumbass"
12/3/2009 3:13 PM
I read somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that the Mets were toying with the idea of trading Beltran to the Sox for a package including Buchholz and Lowell (to play 1B). They would then sign Ankiel to play CF and Bay to play LF.
12/3/2009 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mfahie on 12/03/2009Reyes is coming off by far the worst season of his career. Youdont sell low. Trading Santana makes more sense, and you know how I feel about that
IMO, he is easily one of the most lackadasical ball players on that team. He has spent the last 2 years listening to people tell him how great he is, he forgot to actually work at his job! He constantly makes base running blunders - how the f*ck can you not learn from Rickey???

The guy has spent two season resting on his laurels(which, aside from raw talent, wasn't much)

Sorry - he's either got to change that work ethic, or hit the bricks before he walks(literally) and the Mets get nada for him.
12/3/2009 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Jtpsops on 12/03/2009

This aint Pittsburg.

Wow, you're really riding the "dumbass" train today...trying to compensate for something?

No one is disagreeing with you that the Yanks and Mets try to buy their way out of trouble.

They are saying the Mets SHOULD trade Santana to fill holes and get future value...and they should, if they're smart.

This is what EVERYONE on this site does to you (except me). No need for it
12/3/2009 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mfahie on 12/03/2009Reyes is coming off by far the worst season of his career. Youdont sell low.
Replace "Reyes" with "Hardy" and "dont" with "do", and add a "especially if you're Doug Melvin" at the end.
12/3/2009 3:17 PM

Quote: Originally Posted By Jtpsops on 12/03/2009

This aint Pittsburg.

This is what EVERYONE on this site does to you (except me). No need for it
No, you're just doing it to everyone else. Two or three people made the good point that the Mets SHOULD trade Santana, and you're response to all of them was "dumbass" followed by a rant about how the Mets and Yanks don't rebuild, which didn't even address their arguments. They were making RECOMMENDATIONS.

Please stop acting like you're my friend and saviour on this site...I'll take care of my own reputation
12/3/2009 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jvford on 12/03/2009I read somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that the Mets were toying with the idea of trading Beltran to the Sox for a package including Buchholz and Lowell (to play 1B). They would then sign Ankiel to play CF and Bay to play LF.

Just to be sure everyone understands what I am saying ....... Im not opposed to the Mets trading anyone including Santana, Beltran or Reyes if it is an effort to make them better.

What Im saying is the Mets will not DUMP salary. Can't do it. Too much invested. Any expensive seats to fill. Many hot dogs and beer to sell.
12/3/2009 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By bklynborn on 12/03/2009

Quote: Originally Posted By mfahie on 12/03/2009
Reyes is coming off by far the worst season of his career. Youdont sell low. Trading Santana makes more sense, and you know how I feel about that!
IMO, he is easily one of the most lackadasical ball players on that team. He has spent the last 2 years listening to people tell him how great he is, he forgot to actually work at his job! He constantly makes base running blunders - how the f*ck can you not learn from Rickey???

The guy has spent two season resting on his laurels(which, aside from raw talent, wasn't much)

Sorry - he's either got to change that work ethic, or hit the bricks before he walks(literally) and the Mets get nada for him.

The Mets got rid of Ricky 2 years specificlly because of the adverse effect he was having on Reyes. Unfortuntatly he was learning the wrong things from Ricky.
12/3/2009 3:22 PM

Just to be sure everyone understands what I am saying ....... Im not opposed to the Mets trading anyone including Santana, Beltran or Reyes if it is an effort to make them better.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Mets will make every attempt to win a division this year and trading one of the best pitchers in baseball in an attempt to save salary is NOT going to happen.

And if you think that is what they should do, you are a dumbass too. But than again, who didnt know that?
So you're not opposed to them trading Santana, but anyone who thinks they should (including me) is a dumbass?

I'm actually starting to get offended that people associate me with you. You are a raging f**king moron with absolutely no clue about anything. At least when I post, I don't blatantly contradict myself.
12/3/2009 3:53 PM
Mets suck
12/3/2009 3:56 PM
LOL Dumbass

SO smart, but he can't see the difference between TRADING a player (for equal value, I would imagine, then DUMPING a player for salary reason).

They are all right about you.

Have a good day.
12/3/2009 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By bosoxbill on 12/03/2009Mets suc

They sure do. Its funny that some people think if they dump Santana they will be better.
12/3/2009 3:59 PM

Quote: Originally Posted By bklynborn on 12/03/2009

Quote: Originally Posted By mfahie on 12/03/2009

The Mets got rid of Ricky 2 years specificlly because of the adverse effect he was having on Reyes. Unfortuntatly he was learning the wrong things from Ricky.
So, because your prima-donna prospect wasn't able to learn from the greatest base-stealer of all time, there's obviously something wrong with Rickey. Makes sense.

...and the Mets wonder why they keep...ah, forget it.
12/3/2009 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
OFFICIAL© NEW YORK METS THREAD 2010 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.