before we leave the mess behind us.. i want to ask you all one semi-related question...

Do you all think the "Fair Play Policies" are well known and easy to find?

I honestly have looked for the past 15 minutes and I cannot find them. now, someone will probably point out that they are right under my nose, but still there must be something wrong if they are that hard to find. am i wrong? is it just me?

i know admin just alluded to them a few pages back here... and i thought he said they were at the bottom of every page or something like that. But All i can find is a link to terms of service and i clicked on it and found nothing like what we were talking about.

hmmm...
12/15/2009 3:37 PM
Yes they are to hard to find ole d.

That said they are right where Admin said. Terms of Use (at the bottom of every page).

Then:

No Unlawful Or Prohibited Use

As a condition of your use of the WhatIfSports Web Site, you warrant to WhatIfSports.com that you will not use the WhatIfSports Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the WhatIfSports Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the WhatIfSports Web Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the WhatIfSports Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the WhatIfSports Web Site. Participation in any WhatIfSports offering, either on the WhatIfSports Web Site or partner Site, serves as your agreement to abide by our Fair Play Guidelines .

12/15/2009 3:41 PM
Also according to CS you are in violation of the FPG if you do not report a message that you receive.
12/15/2009 3:42 PM
I send every one of my posts in the forums to CS for their review as well, just for transparency's sake.
12/15/2009 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By vandydave on 12/15/2009I send every one of my posts in the forums to CS for their review as well, just for transparency's sake
No wonder CS never had enough time to respond to dalt lol
12/15/2009 4:04 PM
If we are going to stay on topic, I think the fair play penalties should be changed. I think WiS should include the option of placing the school/coach on probation and forcing the school to give up the targeted player(s) and scholarship(s). I think that WiS would be reluctant to take teams away from users. HD-based penalties would more likely be enforced.
12/15/2009 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By theeyetest on 12/15/2009
If we are going to stay on topic, I think the fair play penalties should be changed. I think WiS should include the option of placing the school/coach on probation and forcing the school to give up the targeted player(s) and scholarship(s). I think that WiS would be reluctant to take teams away from users. HD-based penalties would more likely be enforced.

Pretty sure that is what they actually do do...
12/15/2009 4:16 PM
okay, now i get it.

i thought he said bottom of every page, and i kept trying the "Terms of use" then when i didnt see it there i moved on. I didnt know I had to play Robert Langdon in order to figure out where the treasure was!
12/16/2009 1:20 PM
This is an old, interesting thread about sitemailed recruiting messages...personally I don't see the difference whether it's sitemailed or posted on the conf board...it's interesting because billyg takes a similar "bullying" stance on page 3 or 4 as I did in the thread that I started.  Take a look at the opinions here.
8/26/2013 11:14 PM
Well, one difference is that something on the cc is theoretically available to ANYONE, where things exchanged in sitemail only involve specific coaches, so theoretically you are giving special advantage to just those coaches "in collusion".
8/27/2013 12:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.