Quote: Originally Posted By zhawks on 12/14/2009
Quote: Originally Posted By kannc6 on 12/14/2009
this is not the first and probably wont be the last time this type situation has come up.
I think admins past and present have been pretty clear... Ya cant collude.. Telling someone to back off is collusion. END OF STORY...
Nothing personal to the parties involved and Ive had my share of scrapes with Tracy in the past, but he is pure as driven snow in this one!
Johnner's action crosses the line
1. When he warns someone off (as many have said if nothing else it creates an advantage for both)
2. When he gives advice about other options on the board that belong to teams that could in theory affect both of them. (so many possible ways this could hurt opponents help both of them.
3. When he SPENDS FSS money to help out?? Surprised no one as mentioned this... Not a big deal.. but DAMN..

Exactly
Guilty as charged. My bad on that one.
12/14/2009 2:51 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/14/2009 2:53 PM
If this would have been posted on his cc, it would not be against the rules.
12/14/2009 2:55 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
i really want to hear the Seble's response...

its like half of us are looking at one picture and the other half looking at a totally different picture.... and that is even after we have the rules right in front of us.

so, to the crowd who thinks no agreement was made...

would an agreement have been made if tracy had done exactly what johnny had suggested?

are they not trying to avoid a recruiting battle?
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 12/14/2009whaaa? I just noticed:
Cage, Hanks, Crowe... and I get Rockwell???!
Sam Rockwell is sweet. I think I'll always picture him as the character in "Choke" though, haha. Danny DeVito is now playing oldave since Sam Rockwell isn't good enough for him...
12/14/2009 2:56 PM
12/14/2009 2:57 PM
you can violate fair play without colluding.
12/14/2009 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 12/14/2009i really want to hear the Seble's response...

its like half of us are looking at one picture and the other half looking at a totally different picture.... and that is even after we have the rules right in front of us.

would an agreement have been made if tracy had done exactly what johnny had suggested?

are they not trying to avoid a recruiting battle

They were already in a recruiting battle. There was no more avoiding it but now it was just if tracy wanted to continue it. There wasn't any collusion because tracy wasn't getting anything in return.
12/14/2009 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 12/14/2009i really want to hear the Seble's response...

are they not trying to avoid a recruiting battle

An agreement would not have been made, no - but that doesn't mean that he wasn't trying to make one (As tmac already pointed out).
12/14/2009 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 12/14/2009whaaa? I just noticed:
Cage, Hanks, Crowe... and I get Rockwell???!

Sorry...Meatloaf was originally signed for the part but he had to drop out because of a prior committment.
12/14/2009 3:03 PM
To be clear, these types of sitemails are definitely violations of our Fair Play Policy and are considered collusion.

First time offenses of this nature incur a warning; future offenses will result in teams being stripped.

As another user mentioned in this thread, if it's before the recruiting period has concluded, then don't discuss recruiting with another owner in the world. Only trouble can arise from such conversations.
12/14/2009 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By vandydave on 12/14/2009
Quote: Originally Posted By johnner26 on 12/14/2009

You know I happen to have been on the short end of the stick in recruiting and I thought I was helping the guy out. Clearly Schwartz has problems with how that went down. There was no collusion--just some feedback from what I would do if I were him. I don't control any of the teams I made comments on and if I had to do it all over again (and if Schwartz wasn't such a DB)--I would.

Honestly if anyone has a problem with what I did--they can man up and we can talk about it. Or they can throw it up on the board like Oregon did and wait for a lynch mob to come and help out.

Regardless, check the rules--I didn't do anything that I wouldn't be comfortable doing again. When I start to actually collude with other coaches then feel free to pull out your pichforks.

In the end--Oregon loses big time, screws up his season and then tries to throw me under the bus for attempting to help him out...whatever. Lesson learned. Enjoy your season Schwartz!

FAIR PLAY VIOLATOR.

seriously, he should be sanctioned by wis.

agreed 100%. Jimbo his ***.
12/14/2009 3:08 PM
Looks as though we have an answer. Thanks seble and WIS for quickly giving us an answer.
12/14/2009 3:12 PM
an admin sighting? wtf! Shouldn't you be on a beach somewhere spending all of tracy's money?
12/14/2009 3:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.