calling out BTINLA Topic

I gotta stop playing BTINLA...everytime I beat him, hit hurts my SOS and I drop in the rankings!!!
11/21/2010 10:17 PM
nice cherrypicking, BT....lookin forward to seeing you run another program into the ground!!!
12/11/2010 5:26 PM
at least with UCA being a sim now, I can count on them winning 10 games and helping my SOS...BT would've lost 6
12/14/2010 8:25 PM
Not to add fuel to restoke this fire but I played in a conference with chainsaw as my main rival so I found this string mildly entertaining.  What I found even more entertaining is a classic recruiting moment that I thought that I would share.

LSU goes at distance hard after a recruit on the first cycle.  Doesn't get the said recruit and gamble doesn't pay off so target was changed.  The comical part is that after four cycles, Miami of Ohio (owned by said coach of whom this string is named) goes at distance to jump on that  top 5 QB, at distance against the local team (BCS team) and the elite.  That almost made me laugh out loud when I saw it but figured he had all of his recruits green and was taking a chance, a little early in the cycles but ok... But after signing looks like he still doesn't have his recruits signed and unless he recruited DIII players, I can't find whom he has just considering him... So if he takes on a SIM recruit, it becomes even more hilarious... With that said, that was a nice chuckle to myself and wasn't worth sharing until I then read the BIg 12 message board only to find the local coach (BCS team) posted just how much he had spent on said recruit and thereby giving both myself and the Miami coach the information necessary to make the decision on whether to continue.

Now I may or may not land this recruit but even if he never plays for the Tigers he will continue in recruiting lore.  Pedro Godwin you will always be the source of much mental entertainment.
5/6/2011 1:09 PM
Hey, Chub!

yeah, BTINLA is crazy... he'll get fired from Miami, OH, then start over at DIII again.
5/7/2011 9:20 PM
always think it is funny when bcs coaches get butt hurt when other coaches challenge them. Clearly I was successful in that I got him too spend money he didn't want to have to do.
5/10/2011 11:01 PM
Actually no, I didn't spend an extra cent and found it much more comical than anything.  In fact, I am not sure that you even factored into the recruiting equation as Missouri and I battled well above your pay grade, all you did was spend so that you could show up to give the appearance that you were in the running but with your bowl money, prestige and scholarships you had to offer, there was no way that you had a shot, which was the punchline.  Apart from the punchline I am just trying to understand the logic but honestly, really don't care.  I got a good laugh and played in a conference with chainsaw and figured that he would appreciate the laugh as well based on the string. 
You take on SIM recruits when you probably didn't have to because you decided to go at distance against a local BCS team as well as an elite that was also closer in distance than yourself and you did all of this with the knowledge that they were both already on the player because after the first two cycles it was Missouri and LSU only to see mighty Miami (Ohio) show up later.  It just defied logic as to why you would take on two SIM recruits and spend money in a battle you had no hope of winning.  I posted primarily for the laugh I got when it happened knowing this running string and seeing such a rookie decision from a coach with as many seasons as you have.
5/11/2011 5:18 AM
Hey tkechub: scoreboard *****!
8/31/2011 2:49 PM
Wow, you beat OU and Penn State in back-to-back games, with a mid-major.....great job.
8/31/2011 2:56 PM
Thank You..
8/31/2011 3:12 PM
you know the saying: "Even the sun shines ever-so-often on a dog's rear end"
9/1/2011 5:47 PM
Well BTINLA, I gave you to much credit.  I was waiting for the recruit updates and saw that this post was updated recently.. Really, you wait three months to post a "scoreboard" ?  Act like you have been there before son if you want to be taken seriously.   I am glad I could send you dancing around your living room last season as the only loss on my way the NC game.
I think you better stop dancing and figure out how you beat PSU and OSU in the same season yet you don't even play for the MAC conference championship.
With that out of the way I do sincerely gratulate you on the best of your 58 seasons and top 25 ranking as well as the fact that you are willing to sack up and play top teams, Central Florida could take a queue from you.

9/29/2011 6:52 PM
1 season fluke....7-6 season coming on for BT
9/30/2011 10:31 PM
once again, BTINLA is running a program into the ground. after i got fired from OK State last season, we wont go into the current hiring/firing fiasco w/ GD right now, he has what has to be considered the all-time WORST recruiting class in the history of OSU. Even ole Sim AI signed better players during his tenure. im looking forward to seeing what the AC signs for BT, should be the best players of his whole class. you took a team that i was in the process of building into a CC contender in a Conf w 3 elites and a division with 2 elites, and returned it back on a path to being the doormat of the BIG XII. Way to go, BT!!!
9/12/2012 11:04 AM
LOL :-)
9/13/2012 3:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
calling out BTINLA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.