EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

He would be a backup if we got him. I'd be fine with giving a minor leager or somebody like Pedro Ciriaco but nobody else...
12/5/2013 5:09 PM
Getz is a FA... Hmmmm...

12/5/2013 8:39 PM
Possibly get:     Amazingly get:      Not happened get:
Infante                  Ellis                         Phillips
                              Anderson               Chamberlain
                                                                Espinoza
Will update
12/8/2013 5:14 PM (edited)
Gonna Get: 2nd Place.......AGAIN!!!
12/5/2013 9:44 PM
possibly

12/6/2013 5:30 PM
possibly 3rd...LOL!!!
12/6/2013 6:51 PM
Hey-
Not to be rude, but the thread title says "Royals" on it, not Tigers.... Make your own thread, and evaluate your team... And back up what you are saying with some actual reasoning, so I can actually care what you say...
12/6/2013 7:15 PM
I've done that to no end here. You've argued your Royals points with little ammunition and I've responded with my reasons for why I think the Royals have regressed and will not make the improvements you see as a "lock" but aren't willing to back up with 10 lousy bucks. I've even provided links to articles from professionals that argue against your opinions. You aren't the forum Hitler bro, so don't tell me your problems with my analysis of your 2nd place (at best) team. You don't get to decide what I've got to say about the Royals.
12/6/2013 8:21 PM
Here's some analysis for you...

Your Royals lineup projection...

1. RF Norichica Aoki, .286, 9 HR
2. 1B Eric Hosmer, .302, 17
3. LF Alex Gordon, .265, 20
4. DH Billy Butler, .289, 15
5. C Salvador Perez, .282, 13
6. 3B Mike Moustakas, .233, 12
7. CF Lorenzo Cain, .251, 5
8. SS Alcedes Escobar, .234, 4
9. 2B Emilio Bonifacio, .285, 0
Bench:
CF Jarrod Dyson, .258, 2
2B Chris Getz, .220, 1
2B Johnny Giovotella, .220, 0
RF Justin Maxwell, .268, 5
RF David Lough, .286, 5

Your bench is awful, plain and simple. Aoki was a nice pickup, but an average one. Hosmer has a LOT to prove, especially that he can be productive over a full season. Your 3 and 4 hitters are 20-25 homer guys who can sometimes rake, but are NOT prototypical power hitters and are FAR from a guarantee to deliver the power and production needed from a 3 and 4 hitter. Perez is a nice, young catcher, but is he really a number 5 hitter? Moose was AWFUL last year and could be in the minors again real fast if he starts off next year like he did 2013. Cain, Escobar and Bonifacio are near "replacement" level players in terms of analytics. I think your lineup is full of holes. Sure it's got potential, but it's got potential to be very good OR very bad. Your rotation is worse losing Santana and Chen and only adding Vargas so far. Your best pitcher would still be Detroit's 4th starter. Holland has had ONE, count 'em, ONE lights-out year and has to prove he can do it again and Detroit just signed Nathan, one of, if not the, most consistent closer in baseball over the last ten plus years. I think Kansas City has just as much of a chance to regress as they do to progress. And I think Detroit is significantly better, plain and simple.

There's some analysis you can respond to and care about.......

12/6/2013 8:31 PM
Woah, man... Not saying that to accuse you of something, or trying to say what you have to write, but, If you love the Tigers so much, then do what I'm doing. Make a dream team of the potential roster, use the 2013 performances, play my team, which is gonna be called, "Royals 2014" name your team "Tigers 2014", and play me, since this is actually a WIS forum. 
12/6/2013 8:32 PM
"Perez is a nice, young catcher"
You are lookin at a perennial all-star there.
"Your 3 and 4 hitters are 20-25 homer guys"
That is what we need. Hos is a potential 30-homer guy.
Cain is a gold glover next year if he stays healthy. He won't even be starting for us in 2014, nor Bonifacio, hopefully. Detroit may be better short-term, but KC has more potential. I COMPLETELY agree with the "chance to regress and progress". Moose is not all that bad. He will turn it around. He hit .259 with 6 homers post-all star break with a foot injury. He will be better, like, .260/.270, 10/20 HR. If we get Beltran, then we have a dependable bat in the middle of the lineup with Gordo and Billy, that allows us to trade either David Lough or Justin Maxwell, who, by the way would be starting on a lot of teams, for a dependable 2bman, that allows Bonifacio to make like a utility IFer,Cain utility OFer, and Voila, you have a good offense. They are going to sign another good arm.
12/6/2013 8:41 PM
That is the best case scenario. worst case scenario is the lineup I posted at the last page..
12/6/2013 8:43 PM
Take Yordano Ventura- I am going to be using his projections from Rotoworld to find the closest to him... Arnold Earley.
12/6/2013 9:05 PM
"Perez is a nice, young catcher"
You are lookin at a perennial all-star there.

That's what was said about Matt Wieters and Alex Avila. I'll believe it when I see it. That's part of why I think NY getting McCann was such a good move. Catchers, of all position players, are the most difficult to project for the future. McCann is a proven commodity. Wieters and Avila have regressed. Perez, like Hosmer and Moustakas, has a LOT to prove. He could be the next Yadier Molina, he could be the next Jose Molina.
12/6/2013 9:13 PM
By the way, you can now rip into my Tiger projections in another thread...
12/6/2013 9:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.