9-3 and in second place.
4/19/2015 6:31 PM
what's you guy's projections for 2015?
4/21/2015 6:17 PM
90-93 wins
4/21/2015 6:24 PM
bunch of *******
4/21/2015 7:31 PM

Lawrie was going at the knee. He deserved what he got from the Royals pitchers.

And it's not over.
4/21/2015 7:47 PM
Herrera's a moron.

You don't throw at someone's head. That slide happens all the time, though it was a bit late.

They had their shot at getting back at him and just escalated **** all weekend. *******.
4/21/2015 8:10 PM

I don't see this all the time after a slide.
4/21/2015 8:52 PM
The slide was terrible, and there is NO WAY that the beanball to Cain was a slider. No movement. Lawrie should have been thrown out. 
Herrera- Sure, that was stupid, and he got suspended.

Royals are winning 90-92.
4/22/2015 8:28 AM
You cannot say that Lawrie was going for the bag. That is plain idiotic. He had to REACH BACK to touch the bag. OBVIOUSLY going for the legs
4/22/2015 8:30 AM
I think the Tigers are going to fall off a bit at the end, with them y'know, getting old and all.
4/22/2015 8:31 AM
I see players reach back for the bag all the time. He slid late but he was trying to do what everyone is taught to do from day one, break up the double play. Take out the pivot man. Been part if the game forever. If the SS gets up without injury, there's no reaction.
4/22/2015 9:32 AM
Meh.   I don't know if Lawrie knew there was no chance for a DP but it's pretty obvious that there wasn't.    Another thing to consider is that Escobar is unaccustomed to receiving a ball at 2B in that manner.   His momentum is usually going the other way.   He probably doesn't know how to protect himself that way.   Lawrie got plunked and that should have been the end of it.
4/22/2015 9:46 AM
Agreed.
4/22/2015 10:05 AM
Baseball is funny about stuff like this.   I'm guessing because of the big 6(football, basketball, baseball, soccer, NASCAR, hockey), it's the only real "no contact" sport, any contact is considered an attack on one's integrity, that they just don't let it go.   In the other sports, if Player A does something to you, you can handle it yourself because you'll see them again soon.   In baseball, the RF cleans out the 2B and they don't get within 60 feet of one another for the rest of the year.   So someone else has to handle it for you.  Then, because the RF won't get within 60 feet of the P, someone has to retaliate for him if the P went too far.
4/22/2015 10:19 AM
Posted by jlrunruh on 4/22/2015 8:30:00 AM (view original):
You cannot say that Lawrie was going for the bag. That is plain idiotic. He had to REACH BACK to touch the bag. OBVIOUSLY going for the legs
Duh.  So are the guys on the other 10000 takeout slides each season.  That's what you're supposed to do.  Did you ever actually play baseball?  You have to make a pretense of going for the bag, but everybody and his uncle knows you take out the legs on a slide into 2nd if you're trying to protect the batter heading to first...
4/22/2015 4:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.