EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
David Lough is a potential .280, 10 HR guy, strong D, Clutch hitter.
Woah. Gordo's not juicing. That was just when he reached his potential.
12/17/2013 7:41 AM
Whoa, a potential .280/10 guy?  Sign me up.
12/17/2013 8:09 AM
That should bring a solid #2 or #3 in a rotation.
12/17/2013 8:13 AM
Posted by masterdebate on 12/17/2013 6:15:00 AM (view original):
Gordon also was the number two overall pick the year he was drafted, behind Price. Guys like that get all the chances in the world. Look at how long Phil Nevin and Paul Konerko took to get established.

Also, am I the only one concerned that Gordon, who had done squat in the majors for four seasons, had a breakout year the same year Melky Cabrera joined the team?

David Lough is not that highly touted, nor that talented. What you have is a guy hitting his peak on a team that had a vacancy for him. Nothing more. It's telling he's probably the one who doesn't make the team this year.
I have thought that about Gordon as well.  Also Jeff Francouer had his best year in a long time with Melky there.  It wouldn't surprise me if all three were juicing.  It also wouldn't surprise me if half the players in baseball are still juicing.  Players do have career years without cheating, and I think I would tend to put Gordon in that mold as those were his peak years as well.

Speaking of which, and in regard to Lough, I think more teams, especially small markets, should employ the strategy of filling out their benches with 27-28 year old AAAA types, because even crappy players have peaks and they're cheap.  Seems like old guys end up overpaid and play much worse than their career average, when you could have major league minimum guys playing their best baseball.
12/17/2013 9:20 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 12/17/2013 8:09:00 AM (view original):
Whoa, a potential .280/10 guy?  Sign me up.
Sounds like he's the Roy White of today's generation.
12/17/2013 9:46 AM
Frenchy wouldn't surprise me. 
Gordon wasn't juicing. Show me the failed test and I'll believe it.
12/17/2013 5:03 PM
Just show me the failed test.
You could really make the case that ANY good player was juicing.
12/17/2013 8:39 PM

Clemens never failed a test nor has he ever admitted to it.

Clemens/Gordon = clean

12/17/2013 9:35 PM
All I know is that Gordon's not a juicer unless you show me the test.
12/18/2013 7:42 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):

Clemens never failed a test nor has he ever admitted to it.

Clemens/Gordon = clean

I think there is significant evidence (beyond "he was good" or "he was big") that Clemens used. That said, if he isn't the greatest pitcher of all time, he's in the top 2 or 3. Even if we acknowledge that he used steroids.
12/18/2013 1:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.