Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

So you think you should decide what's right/wrong during the veto/approval process? Do you think you're HBD God?
1/15/2010 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 1/15/2010

Furthermore, couldn't a commish just get a like-minded individual to do the "dirty work" of lobbying?

So, assuming all of this is true, is it really any different for a commish or an owner to lobby for vetoes?

Yes. I covered that. Your lack of comprehension and/or desire to read an arbitrary number of lines/words is not my problem.
1/15/2010 11:57 AM
So you think you should decide what's right/wrong during the veto/approval process? Do you think you're HBD God?
Me? No. Just offering my opinion. The whole point of "forums". You used to be better at poking folks, this is a lame attempt Mikey. Grab a cup of Joe or something.
1/15/2010 11:58 AM
I was just curious why you thought commishes can't do what every other owner can and why you got to decide that. I guess you've explained it.
1/15/2010 12:17 PM
I was just curious why you thought commishes can't do what every other owner can and why you got to decide that. I guess you've explained it.

Again, your comprehension has failed you. I didn't even say owners can and commishes can't. I've been quite clear, actually. You've attempted, and failed, at jumbling my words more than once in this thread. An opinion was offered in a place where ideas are discussed. Not once did I even imply my way is the only way. Sorry you can't/don't/won't understand the concept. I really am. It's kinda sad, really.

You are WAY better at poking than that, Mike. Must be an off day for ya'.
1/15/2010 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pstrnutbag44 on 1/15/2010I also agree (mostly) with iain. Commishes should NOT lobby for a veto. To merely point something out and ask for a closer look seems fine. To simply exert your will, as it was put earlier, is entirely unacceptable, IMHO. You ask the league to take a close look, that's all. When the commish starts site-mailing people, it does seem to have an effect on some people's opinions. The commish should NOT be campaigning one way or the other. Simply put, it's an abuse of the position. Your opinion will sway owners, like it or not. That's NOT your job, as commish. Simply ask for a closer look via world chat. That should be sufficient. If not, then the world may indeed have bigger problems.

Huh. Seems you're pretty adamant that a commish should NOT do certain things. No mention of other owners as best I can see.
1/15/2010 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pstrnutbag44 on 1/15/2010
I'll bite. I don't think anyone should campaign for a veto. I think it's ok to say why you are going to veto, if you choose to.
There ya' go Mike. Selective memory loss?
1/15/2010 12:27 PM
You are really not in good form today, Mike. Is it because it's Friday?
1/15/2010 12:28 PM
So you changed your mind when questioned further?
1/15/2010 12:28 PM
So you changed your mind when questioned further?
You can keep trying, and failing. Never changed my mind. The original discussion was about commishes. When asked, I said owners shouldn't do it either. You really don't see that, although it's right above your last post? Again, try harder or go home today Mikey, it just isn't working for ya'.

Edited: Really bad typos.
1/15/2010 12:29 PM
So, despite being excessively long-winded, you couldn't have just said "I don't think anyone, including commishes, should campaign for vetoes"?

Wouldn't your point/thoughts have been more clear?
1/15/2010 12:32 PM
So, despite being excessively long-winded, you couldn't have just said "I don't think anyone, including commishes, should campaign for vetoes"?

Wouldn't your point/thoughts have been more clear?

Really Mike? Quite the reach for you arguement there, but again I'll bite. I'll even make it easy on your poor, old eyes....
1/15/2010 12:33 PM
Original discussion: Commishes lobbying for vetoes.
1/15/2010 12:33 PM
Mike asked question about all owners, I answered.
1/15/2010 12:34 PM
Where's the confusion?
1/15/2010 12:34 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.