Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By tecwrg on 1/14/2010cbriese would know
Heh. Not a problem at all. When you have the moral high ground, nothing is embarrassing.
1/15/2010 12:34 PM
Nice and short, hopefully easier for you to process.
1/15/2010 12:34 PM
What are you going to try and reach for next Mikey, you aren't doing very well in this thread thus far....
1/15/2010 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pstrnutbag44 on 1/15/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By jwelsh1023 on 1/15/2010

Quote: Originally Posted By pstrnutbag44 on 1/15/2010

Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 1/15/2010

Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 1/14/2010
Uh, you don't have to be a commish to do that.

With that said, is it any different for an owner to call for a veto? And, if any owner can call for a veto, should the commish(who, you know, has a team in the world) be excluded from something any other owner can do?
I'll bite. I don't think anyone should campaign for a veto. I think it's ok to say why you are going to veto, if you choose to.
What is the difference
Seriously?

A: I think that trade looks funky. Either owner care to explain their reasoning before I veto on the grounds I feel it is unfair to the new guy?

B: Hey there, this is the commish. Take a look at that really awful trade up. I think it needs to be vetoed. Please look in on it and veto so we don't have this happening here.

Can you really not tell the difference
Well, A does not look like what you originally posted. A should look like this (according to your original post). In the trade between X and Y, I am going to veto because I think the new guy is getting *** raped.
1/15/2010 12:38 PM
Sweet, thanks. SO, you DO understand then?
1/15/2010 12:39 PM
I understand you were misleading in the original statement and then when I asked a question you changed from "I think it's ok to say why you are going to veto, if you choose to" to starting a discussion asking the traders the purpose of their trade to try to change your mind on vetoing. In a Pompous, Douchey way at that.
1/15/2010 12:43 PM
LOL. Not intentionally misleading at all. Sorry you feel that way. Trying to be short so I don't lose those with the inability to read a certain amount of words/lines. You guys are trying WAY too hard. I simply have an opinion on the discussion. Tear it up with your semantic arguements if you'd like. I have no interest in such petty displays.
1/15/2010 12:45 PM
But you've posted 47 times to "explain" yourself. Had you been clear the first time, no one would have semantic arguements to display.
1/15/2010 12:54 PM
Lets recap, you post something unintentionally misleading and a little vague, I answer with a question brought upon by the vagueness, you act like a pompous douche, angered that somebody could question your obviously flawless post. And I am the one tearing something up with a petty display of a semantic argument.

I am just trying to get the notes correct for further interactions so I know what to type and how to genuflect.
1/15/2010 12:56 PM
I think a commish should try to make it the best league possible -- i.e. high level of competition, good owner pool, no abandoned teams, no teams with massive pitching fatigue, making the blog informative -- to give owners incentive to stay long-term.

This was the first time, in 12 seasons in the league and I think eight as commish, that I have sitemailed owners asking them to consider vetoing a deal. It was an exceptionally bad trade, and I wanted to make sure owners looked at it closely.

Similarly, if an owner has massive pitching fatigue, I send a trade chat. If an owner shows up sporadically I sitemail to find out what's going on, and on more than one occasion, the owner has real-life issue causing problems, and volunteers to relinquish the team. If a team is on the verge of abandonment (a rarity), I line up a potential replacement.

I don't think any of this is bad.
1/15/2010 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By sanderbear on 1/15/2010
I think a commish should try to make it the best league possible....

We have a winner. That's exactly what you should base all your decisons on. You may be right or you may be wrong but, if that's what you're attempting to do, no one should have an issue with it. If they do, they can leave. Someone said I'd punch a baby to keep my worlds from 'tarding up. I took it as a compliment.
1/15/2010 2:08 PM
can you make it an ugly baby?
1/15/2010 2:14 PM
It is genetically impossible for someone with my handsome features to make ugly babies.

But, if you present me with an ugly baby, I'll punch him/her.
1/15/2010 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 1/15/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By sanderbear on 1/15/2010

I think a commish should try to make it the best league possible....

We have a winner. That's exactly what you should base all your decisons on. You may be right or you may be wrong but, if that's what you're attempting to do, no one should have an issue with it. If they do, they can leave. Someone said I'd punch a baby to keep my worlds from 'tarding up. I took it as a compliment.
Can I take credit for that?

It sounds like something I'd say.
1/15/2010 2:29 PM
I gave you credit earlier. You weren't sure so I'm not dishing out credits to canucks who don't remember what they post.
1/15/2010 2:37 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.