Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

What happened to the thrill of danger....

you almost have to threaten a Chef to get a rare steak anymore.

Got steak and eggs. Everything was perfect, except the steak was medium and I asked for rare.

Got a free rice pudding for it. Would rather of had a rare steak.
1/19/2011 7:59 PM
It's true. Gotta do it yourself. I ordered a burger medium rare and it came out well done. I was fed up with that **** so I sent it back. It came back well done (with saliva on it, no doubt.) To hell with that, I sent it back again. It came back medium well (with semen on it, no doubt.) I figured that was as close as I was gonna get. *sigh*
1/20/2011 12:41 PM

I find myself havng to threaten the waitress and I always try to be nice to waitstaff. "I want it rare and I am serious. I will send medium back" sounds like I am a jerk.

1/20/2011 6:49 PM
Trying to bring fun back to cooking with some easy recipes.

Marinated chiken breasts in lime, Jack and soy.

Fried some green and jalapeno (seeded and rinsed) peppers in garlic butter.

Did the chiken in a milk and egg wash and garlic breadcrumbs. Fried in olive oil.

Poured peppers over.

Something was wrong with it. Chicken had an odd texture. Almost mushy. Overall dish was a tad sweet.
1/22/2011 10:22 PM
Bangers and Mash Sunday....

Some Kopytko Sausage. Stopped in Hamtramck after a recent run to Downtown Detroit as a favor to a relative. Mashed potatos with sour cream.

Friend onions in butter and a little jack, salt and pepper.

Boiled the sausage then used the onion pan to brown it a bit.

Sausage on side with onion mix over potatos.

Worked well, for me at least.
1/23/2011 8:22 PM
Tried to braise some pork belly....went over bad.

I cant get the pork belly to come out right.

either it is tough and chewy or kind of a flavorless blob.
1/24/2011 7:18 PM
Got a new thing I like at the chinese buffet restaurants. Put some mei fun noodles in a bowl with some egg drop soup over it.

Kind of an egg stew.
1/29/2011 3:22 AM
Tried the new McDonalds Chipotle Angus burger. Bad...not toss it bad but wish you had bought a Filet-o-fish bad.
2/4/2011 5:06 PM
Did a whole chiken in the crock pot. Worked great.

Rubbed it with salt and garlic and then smeared butter on top. Cooked for 8 hours on low.

Supper moist and tender, but the meat was a little bland.
2/5/2011 6:22 AM
Soda water, milk and Chocolate syrup, a classic egg cream.

Made like 5 of these till I ran out of soda water.
2/8/2011 3:46 AM
Grilled some salmon. Wanted an asian influence so I tried a miso sauce. Failed ugly. Ended up dumping the miso and adding more buitter to cover.
2/8/2011 10:50 PM
In memory of the SB I did some black eyed peas with pigs feet over rice.

Have not found the right spice combo. Used smoked pigs feet and got some flavor from that. Salted enough. Garlic and a little lime zest.

The beans themselves still seemed a little flat.

Overall pretty good though.
2/10/2011 1:27 AM
We got lunch at Joes Crab Shack...Their Crab Pots are really well done.
2/14/2011 5:12 PM (edited)
Did a crock pot version of Chicken and Dumplings. Not bad.

Bonless chicken, butter stock and cream, peas and onions. Cooked for about 5.

Added biscuit dough on top (flour, eggs, salt, sour cream) and cooked for another hour.

Spies was just salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.

Was ok!
2/14/2011 5:27 PM
Was at the store and saw pickled pigs feet in a jar. Took me back to my childhood.
2/16/2011 4:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42...47 Next ▸
Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.