Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Was warm enough a few days last week to get the grill out. Going to be cold for a while so put it back in the garage.

I think kabobs of all types are the perfect food. Mushroom and sirloin was the only ones I got to try. Just do salt and pepper. Yum!

Dole had some of their pre packaged salads on sale so I tried a few. Not bad.

3/22/2011 3:24 PM
It kills me how Rite Aid stocks their holiday aisle. The day after one holiday passes everything comes down and the new holiday goes up. Mostly canday of course.
3/22/2011 3:25 PM
Some good low end burgers....

Brays on Dequindere and 9 mile. We all know the Donkey, get to know the food.

Teleway on 11 mile and John-R. Have carry out specials for burgers and coneys.

3/24/2011 2:30 PM
Tried some Kapusta with ribs in a slowcooker. Tasted good, but the rib meat almost disentegrated.

Wanted to keep it fun so I put some apples and red cabbage in.

Maybe I could cut the time.
3/25/2011 5:09 AM
Had some leftover pork shoulder so I got creative. Cubed it and tried a mock hash with cubed apples, corn, peppers and rice.

Didnt come out half bad. Tasted good. The pork added enough fat to make everything gel a bit.

I am falling in love with apples in savory dishes.
3/27/2011 9:15 PM
Did a Burger King triple stacker last night. Very sloppy and kind of small for $3. Great flavor.

Also did the White Castle Nibblers as a late snack. I love these. Might be the best fast food fish in Ameirca!
3/29/2011 6:57 PM
Did some chicken and rice in an odd way. Fried the chicken in a simple flour coat. Did some rice mixed with chicken liver and jalepeno peppers (seeded and rinsed in cold water) and fried it in olive oil.

Worked well!
3/31/2011 12:53 AM
Got some Chicken Shack to take home. Chicken tastes good, but the pices are very small. And the cole slaw is minced up very fine and a little too sweet.

The only reason I go there is the broasted potatos. Super good!

4/1/2011 4:49 AM
Making a fish stew in the crock pot. Went with Tilapia and clams.

Zuchinni, okra, onions and peppers.

Olive oil

Garlic, salt, pepper and some dill.

Going to whip up some rice to serve it with.
4/1/2011 5:37 PM
Love cheddar cheese, but realized I dont love it on a burger. It is ok, but it seems to clash with the beef.

Also dont love it in Mac and Cheese.

I love to eat it. And it is great in a salad.
4/3/2011 6:34 AM
this is my favorite thread, I think.
4/4/2011 2:09 PM
it's certainly my favorite swamp thread
4/4/2011 4:07 PM
If you look at the views this is one of the hottest threads in the Pit.

I am just glad I can be there for my fans!
4/5/2011 2:43 AM
Lent Reviews

Double decker Filet o Fish. Still twice as bad.

Arbys fish is really good. Cheap also.

Checkers Double Fish is greasy but tasty.

BK's fish is ok, but has an odd texture.

White Castle Fish sandwichs are pretty bad, but the fish nibblers rock!
4/5/2011 6:35 PM
I think I have talked about this before, but it isnt catching on nationally so...

The Spaghetti Omlette.

An invention I tried on a day with leftovers.

I cut up the pasta to bite size, and fried in olive oil with a little of the sauce.

Normal omlette, add mozerella cheese and the pasta inside and cover with some sauce.
4/6/2011 12:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...40|41|42|43|44...47 Next ▸
Cresten and Swamphawk’s Shtickless Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.