This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
What must a guy's arm feel like after throwing 700 IP?
1/27/2010 8:43 PM
?Now if only there was some way to build a viable $80 MM team around him

I believe a better owner than me should be able to... I had 85 wins and I screwed up a few (4 precisely) time; I think 95+ wins (team-wise) is possible. I might try it (with no record attempt this time). It would evidently require throwing some games away, but with little luck, and considering the 10% bonus (so around 770 IPs), who knows...

In this season, King pitched only two times below 80 (was late in the season, after 120+ pitches he was 72, but 80 right after, even though he showed up the very next game).  At that level (80-85) he is still effective. With some of the low cost lefties (White, Pfiester, Krause) and a bunch of cookies (instead of SS Davis, Roseboro, Maddux, Milacki and the other costly ones I use), I think post-season is very possible... and then, who knows... As long A, he is a beast and can throw 4-5 games in a row easily. Never encountered that overuse fatigue (related to number of appearance) limit. Plus, as a hitter, he's not too bad (.183, 5 doubles, 6 triples, 2 hr, 45 walks, 12 so).

In the right park, with right team, it could be suprising...
8/27/2011 12:10 AM
I currently have him on an OL team playing in the Dome, with my other starting pitcher being 02 Jack Taylor. After 30 games he's on pace for 703 innings. I've pitched him in back to back games 3 times so far, and he's still effective pitching in the 80's.  Just don't pitch him him the 70's.  I've done it twice and he got bombed. 
9/13/2011 12:11 AM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.