No Whining Progressive: 1961 Draft Topic

Remarkably 10:00 AM and 5:30 PM are both very good times for me.

OK for pick number 1-not the best total career but the next 6 seasons are untouchable:

Sandy Koufax P
2/4/2010 10:11 AM
And we're off...owners are welcome to start making picks, but remember we are not on the clock until Monday (and I confess I am not ready to make my pick, so we may not get far for another day or so).
2/4/2010 10:24 AM
I assume we're s-mailing the next owners to keep this going.
2/4/2010 10:53 AM
I will select Hank Aaron-OF

and I will sitemail the next 3 owners
2/4/2010 11:32 AM
Not sure if I am making the right choice because I really wanted a pitcher but I will select Frank Robinson - OF.

Will sitemail next 3.
2/5/2010 11:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
everybody had plenty of notice...this wait is driving me crazy, craze
2/7/2010 11:56 AM
I appreciate everyone's patience. For those who have never done an inaugural progressive draft before, it takes a lot more work than preparing for a rookie draft. I wanted to give everyone a few days to plan their drafting strategy.

However, due to weather on the east coast, I share the concern that not everyone will be ready. In DC where I am, we got hit with 2 feet of snow yesterday. I have power, but not everyone in my area does. If at some point tomorrow it looks like we're missing several picks, I will reserve the right to pause the draft until we hear from everyone. Hopefully it won't come to that.
2/7/2010 12:55 PM
Had a big debate between Bob Gibson and Juan Marichal...and somehow ended up settling on OF-Willie Mays

probably gonna regret it
2/7/2010 1:45 PM
Hard to imagine anyone regretting Willie Mays. I had much the same pitcher debate, and I'm going with P Bob Gibson

2/7/2010 1:55 PM
No debate for me...I was just waiting to see who you guys were going to leave me. FYI, I had Gibby #1. But, we are happy to select the Dominican Dandy Juan Marichal-P.
2/7/2010 2:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh well. Torre was the guy I was targeting with this pick. Since he's gone, and since nobody seems to want to trade up (and I don't blame them) I'll lock down the hot corner for the next dozen years or so with:

3B Ron Santo
2/8/2010 7:32 AM
Pick number nine is fine with P Don Drysdale
2/8/2010 12:56 PM
ewww wanted drysdale but i ll settle for P Jim Bunning
2/8/2010 1:09 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...31 Next ▸
No Whining Progressive: 1961 Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.