WIS Profiles Part II Topic

ccsweet

NAME- Chris

AGE- 36

STATUS- Married, 3 yr old twin boy and girl

OCCUPATION- In-house counsel with national health insurance company

STATE OF RESIDENCE- Connecticut - Go huskies!

COLLEGE- Trinity College -Hartford CT

GREW UP- New York City

WIS SCREEN NAME- All the ladies say I am sweet, so there you go.

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER - # 30 out of Brooklyn NY, BERNARD KING!!!

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT: winning my first WIS Basketball Title against my biggest rival, BKeyser, which happened today!!!! Boo-Yah!!!!
2/20/2010 10:53 PM
bobsquad

NAME- John

AGE- 45 (so far the Senior Citizen)

STATUS- Married, 2 daughters (14 and 11)

OCCUPATION- Disaster Recovery Coordinator

STATE OF RESIDENCE- Georgia

HIGH SCHOOL- Mission High School, Roxbury Ma.

GREW UP- Boston (J.P.) moved to Woodstock GA. in 1991

WIS SCREEN NAME- Name of my oldest daughters last Rec. B-Ball team.

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER - Larry Bird

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT: winning first Basketball and only Baseball Titles.
2/20/2010 10:55 PM
ncih

NAME - Glen Wilson

AGE - 41

STATUS - Single

OCCUPATION - I own a Real Estate Company and a Personal Loan Company

STATE OF RESIDENCE - The Great State of Texas

HIGH SCHOOL - W. W. Samuell High School, Dallas, Texas

GREW UP - Dallas, Texas

WIS SCREEN NAME - It was the name of my Hoop-It-Up team. Stands for No Chance In Hell (sometimes us, mostly them. We won 15 championships)

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER - Magic Johnson

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT - Winning my only championship in a 1970's league with the Texas Rangers.
2/20/2010 10:55 PM
usmoo_879 (Currently in retirement)

NAME- Matt

AGE- 30

STATUS- Married

OCCUPATION- PR for a non-profit conservation group

STATE OF RESIDENCE- CA

HIGH SCHOOL- Reading High School, Reading, PA

COLLEGE - Lafayette

FAVORITE ALLTIME NBA PLAYER - The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh

FAVORITE CURRENT NBA PLAYER - Alley I

FAVORITE WIS MOMENTS: 30-game win streak, discovering the 79 New Orleans Jazz, winning that first sweet championship.

WIS SCREEN NAME - usmoo_879 comes from a blend of high school nickname, grateful dead song (U.S. Blues) and street #. Friends still call me Moo.
2/20/2010 10:56 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/20/2010 10:56 PM
appleseed1

NAME- Doc (Alright, David, but everybody still calls me Doc)

AGE- 36

STATUS- Singlish - 1 Beautiful 6-year-old daughter

OCCUPATION- Unemployed Programmer; Residential Councelor

STATE OF RESIDENCE- MA

HIGH SCHOOL- Fitchburg High, MA

COLLEGE -Fitchburg State College

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER - Kevin McHale - (My game was/is kinda like his)

Least Favorite NBA Player - Allen Iverson - How do you stop Allen Iverson? Why on earth would you want to stop a career .417% shooter from shooting in the first place? Single cover him, and crash the boards. If he scores 60 points on you on 28/67 shooting, consider yourself lucky. (That said, his defense is actually pretty good. - Low fouls, High Steals)

FAVORITE WIS MOMENTS: Winning 61 games my first season with 50 ppg Wilt. (Helping to set off the current fad of trying to win with 50ppg Wilt?)

Nickname - I currently reside in Leominster, MA, birthplace of Johnny Appleseed. I have the 1 after it because I registered for the game once at the dawn of time or so and forgot the password and no longer used the email account. I often name teams the Leominster Appleseeds, but that is really a better sounding name for a baseball team.
2/20/2010 10:57 PM
captainzen

NAME - Scott

AGE - 34

FAMILY STATUS - married, 3 kids (Daughter - 12, Son - 8, Daughter - 6)

OCCUPATION - I manage a limousine service

STATE OF RESIDENCE - CA (a bit south of San Francisco)

HIGH SCHOOL - Grover Cleveland HS, Reseda (Los Angeles). CA (alma mater of Bret Saberhagen and Lucious Harris, among others)

COLLEGE - UC Berkeley (Go Bears!)

GREW UP IN - San Fernando Valley, CA

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER - Magic Johnson (I would have loved to have seen Elgin play)

LEAST FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER - Reggie Miller

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT - Winning a title in my second-ever WIS league (joshbonds' original Messiah League)
2/20/2010 10:57 PM
cato

NAME - DAVE

AGE - 30

FAMILY STATUS - WIFE OF 6 YEARS AND 2 KIDS

OCCUPATION - REAL ESTATE AGENT

STATE OF RESIDENCE - NEW YORK

HIGH SCHOOL - SHENENDEHOWA CLIFTON PARK, NEW YORK

GREW UP - CLIFTON PARK

COLLEGE - DUKE

FAVORITE PLAYER - MICHAEL JORDAN

SCREEN NAME - I TOOK LATIN IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WE GOT OUR LATIN NAMES AND MINE WAS CATO

WIS MOMENT - NOT MUCH BUT COMING BACK FROM A 0-2 DEFICIT IN MY SECOND PLAYOFF SERIES TO WIN THE SERIES(OUT NEXT ROUND)
2/20/2010 10:58 PM
pharrop

Name – Perry

AGE- 40

FAMILY STATUS – Married

OCCUPATION – Accountant and a High School Basketball Coach

STATE OF RESIDENCE – Pennsylvania

HIGH SCHOOL – Hampton High, Allison Park PA

COLLEGE – Penn State

GREW UP IN – Chicago suburbs and Pittsburgh suburbs. First job in NYC out of college. While there saw Bernard King score 55 in MSG in 1985. Always will remember that game. My man was possessed that night.

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER – Chris Mullin (I am y also). Maurice Lucas, Doc Rivers and Quinn Buckner have a way of ending up on my WIS exhibition teams.

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT – Still new at this. Just attempting to finish above .500 in a league.
2/20/2010 10:58 PM
bsmuke

NAME - Brian Mukomela

AGE - 38

FAMILY STATUS - Married, 2 kids (9 year old son and 2 year old daughter)

OCCUPATION - QA Analyst for a Corporate Bank

STATE OF RESIDENCE - Northern California (East Of Oakland) East Coast now, right??

HIGH SCHOOL - Schaumburg High School, Schaumburg, Illinois.

GREW UP IN - I lived my first 25 years of life in Schaumburg a NW Suburb of Chicago

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER - Michael Jordan

WIS SCREEN NAME: Quite simple actually, it's the first letter of my first name, first letter of my middle name and Muke is a part of my last name and a nickname for me.

WIS MOMENT: For now it's the enjoyment of playing with all of the different users on this site. Once I win a championship of any kind on this site, then that will be it!
2/20/2010 10:59 PM
jnewfry

NAME - John Newfry

AGE - 35

FAMILY STATUS - married 10 years in a month

OCCUPATION - Tech Project Manager

CITY OF RESIDENCE - Chicago

HIGH SCHOOL - Woodstock HS, Woodstock, Illinois

COLLEGE - University of Illinois undergrad, U of I-Chicago for grad school

GREW UP IN - born in Franklin Indiana, grew up in Woodstock

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER - Darnell Hillman - how do you not love a guy who played with 10 inch high hair?

SCREEN NAME - Obvious. I'm so creative...

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT - Reading the SportsGuy column that got me here and totally hooked.
2/20/2010 10:59 PM
vdaino

Name: Vince

Family Status: Married, no children

State of Residence: New Jersey

High School: Pennsbury High School, Fairless Hills, PA

College: Penn State (undergrad); UNC (grad)

Grew up: Bensalem and Fairless Hills, PA

Favorite NBA Player ever: Sir Charles (although I have never used him in WIS) (Gervin and Moncrief close behind)

Players who always seem to show up on my roster: Kermit Washington, Lasalle Thompson and Downtown Freddie Brown

WIS Moment: making (albeit briefly) the top 25 list with a franchise league team (Spurs) before being bitterly disappointed in the conference finals….

How I found WIS: Simmons that bastard…now I’m totally HOOKED…what’s his screen name anyway?
2/20/2010 11:00 PM
bkeyser

NAME - Bob Keyser

AGE - 36

FAMILY STATUS - Married, 3 kids (5 1/2, 4 year old daughters, 1 year old son)

OCCUPATION - Technology and Media Consultant

STATE OF RESIDENCE - Georgia (Atlanta)

HIGH SCHOOL - Haverford High School, Havertown, PA

COLLEGE - Duke (undergrad and business school) - we should have beaten UConn with an 8 point lead and 3 1/2 minutes to go

FAVORITE NBA TEAM EVER - Early 80's Sixers - Doc, DD, Cheeks, the Jones Boys, The Boston Strangler, etc.

WIS MOMENT: Gotta be that first championship in the NBA/ABA draft league, but I will say ccsweet's first championship over my BigRed team in davkar's just concluded Exclusive Franchise league was fun, too.

FOOTNOTE: Like a lot of the posters in this forum, I am a huge Bill Simmons fan and would love to find out what his WIS identity is so I can smack his teams around, especially if/when he plays a Celtics franchise!
2/20/2010 11:00 PM
doctorevil (Currently retired)

NAME - Dougie Powers

AGE - 36

FAMILY STATUS - one son, Scott

OCCUPATION - Evil Scientist

CITY OF RESIDENCE - Newburyport, MA

COLLEGE - Bridgewater State

GREW UP ON - Cape Cod

FAVORITE NBA PLAYER EVER - Bird of course

SCREEN NAME - got the idea from seeing tylerdurden, tried normandale but it was gone.

FAVORITE WIS MOMENT - Aside from winning the durden draft league and most recently having the '86 Celtics win the greatest team theme league because that's how it should be, complaining to Admin enough to get the steals inequity hopefully resolved.
2/20/2010 11:01 PM
chilling

Name - Chuck

Status - Married, no kids (yet) :)

Occupation - VP w/ Wachovia Bank

State of Residence - VA

WIS - Bank_ballers, should be obvious considering my occupation

Favorite player - Michael Jordan
2/20/2010 11:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
WIS Profiles Part II Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.