Quote: Originally posted by ea162 on 5/11/2010so youre picking and choosing what you want to seeusing free agency wisely can be done as well, lots of teams have done ithow is you saying Shaq is the only relevant FA signing any different than me saying Duncan/Robinson are the only relevent lottery winnings?the lottery, the entire draft, free agency, trades, all of it has so much luck involved that to remove yourself from one of these avenues of improving your squad is silly, why limit the ways you could improve?
1) I don't think anyone said anyone about winning the lottery aside from you.
2) If you blow a max deal on JJ/Amare, that kills your flexibility.
3) If we could get 3 of Gay, Lee, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Drik - that gives you a chance to win big. If getting Lebron or Wade seems unlikely, I think the smart play is to keep Lee and try and get 2 more pieces.
4) Gallinari has improved considerably....but he's still not very good.
5) I think unless JJ goes to a team that is presently constructed to be good enough to contend for a championship, they will truly regret it.