Lostmyth2’s FAQ for Veteran HD Coaches Topic

on the prestige relative values question... do you think it's the same A+ to B+ as, say, B- to C-?
2/23/2010 9:13 AM
what tool do you use to determine if a player will go pro early? How do you interpret it? How early in the prcess will you use it? Does it ever determine if you will continue to recruit a player?
2/23/2010 9:22 AM
How much is the "favorite school" advantage worth? Is it possible to quantify it in terms of other effors, say it's the same as 50 phone calls or maybe 1 HV, or something else?
2/23/2010 11:52 AM
what is your take on out of conference scheduling you generally schedule a rather weak OOC group - it clearly is working, but what's your thinking in doing that?
2/23/2010 1:25 PM
What should a DII coach look for when selecting a DI school to apply for jobs at? Assume the objective is to eventually make it to a BCS school.
2/23/2010 2:18 PM
awesome!
2/23/2010 10:08 PM
I think it's great that a coach of LM's stature would take the time to do this. If he's not the best HD coach ever (and you could certainly make that argument), he's definitely in the top two or three.
2/23/2010 10:37 PM
How much importance do you put on the Defense rating as it pertains to Man to Man and Press teams in Division 1? Would you consider it a core attribute that is more important than or as important as SPD for a guard and ATH for a post (especially as it pertains to man to man).

Also, you have built up small schools very quickly. Similar to a previous question, how many away games would you normally schedule, how many sim/human teams, would you play 2 or 3 very tough away games against traditional powerhouses and the rest winnable games if you were in a conference made up of at least 50% sim teams? (This is concerning schools that have a prestige of D- to C+ that do not have a good baseline prestige).
2/24/2010 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emy1013 on 2/23/2010I think it's great that a coach of LM's stature would take the time to do this. If he's not the best HD coach ever (and you could certainly make that argument), he's definitely in the top two or three.

not only great, but fairly incredible, to see a coach answer such heavy hitting questions so directly. there are exactly 2 things i was never willing to share when prompted, and he answered both in his first 3 questions. all i can say is, wow...
2/24/2010 3:48 AM
How much difference do you think there is in the +/- levels for Defenses in relation to your team's performance defending the 3? Defending teams with big concentration of their offense? How do you decide what level to run on a game-by-game basis?
2/24/2010 7:59 AM
I know how much you love the press. Do you feel that any team can really be *elite* without running at least a half-court press? Does this answer change for lower divisions?
2/24/2010 10:25 AM
What would be the ratio difference in recruiting power between the highest reasonably possible A+ prestige (for instance, 4 NT champs in the last 4 years, after already having an A+ before that 4-year run) and the lowest A+?
2/24/2010 10:50 AM
I declare that LM2 is HD's version of Sindrome from The Incredibles. It was Sindrome who planned to give everyone the power to be a superhero, through the use of super technology. And he predicted, "When everyone is super, no one will be." ;)

Regardless, thanks for doing this LM2.
2/24/2010 10:54 AM
What billyg says is right on.

It almost makes you wonder if LM2 just wants to raise the level of his competition to make it a little more interesting for him.

Those are huge balls, but I love the whole thing.
2/24/2010 6:03 PM
if there were a world full of veteran HD coaches (a kid can dream, cant he?) and every team had very similar talent level, year after year (players randmly assigned rather than recruited), so that gameplanning was the key factor determining success (assume they are all equally good at setting practice plans and scheduling is random)...

what type of winning percentage do you think the very best gameplanners could achieve?

(in other words, is the effect of gameplanning minimal, as some suggest? or is it a vital component that can set the great apart from the merely good?)
2/24/2010 6:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Lostmyth2’s FAQ for Veteran HD Coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.