Lostmyth2’s FAQ for Veteran HD Coaches Topic

Do FG% and/or GPA matter to you when recruiting? Would you ever pass over an otherwise qualified prospect because of poor ratings in either one?
2/25/2010 1:07 PM
How much do you value athleticism in a player? And do you value it differently betweens guards and big men?
2/26/2010 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By milfhunter on 2/26/2010
How much do you value athleticism in a player? And do you value it differently betweens guards and big men?

no offense, dude, but you are not a veteran. Feel free to sitemail one of the other guys who's asking questions and they can give you some good pointers. Besides, lostmyth2 has already stated that athleticism is more valuable in certain systems than others.
2/26/2010 11:17 AM
Do you believe bigmen are inferior offensively to guards in today's sim? With all your lm2 teams you don't have a single big averaging double digit points. Has to be some reasoning behind that.
2/26/2010 12:33 PM
am sort of pulling back from the game myself, but honestly, this is very well done, very honest, very accurate - from the 'little' I know about the game - I'm standing up to start the applause
2/26/2010 1:39 PM
Thx for the info lm2
2/26/2010 1:41 PM
When deciding who is your best player (followup to the distro question from colorblind) is IQ or Ratings weighted more and what Ratings are weighted more, stricktly lp for bigs, per for guards or a combination of ratings?
2/26/2010 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldresorter on 2/26/2010am sort of pulling back from the game myself, but honestly, this is very well done, very honest, very accurate - from the 'little' I know about the game - I'm standing up to start the applaus
Agreed.
2/26/2010 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By Weena on 2/25/2010Do FG% and/or GPA matter to you when recruiting? Would you ever pass over an otherwise qualified prospect because of poor ratings in either one
good ? do you look at high school stats when recruiting.
2/26/2010 1:54 PM
How much weight do you place on IQs and their development? Let's say you're deciding who to start b/w 2 kids on your roster who have the same ratings across the board, except player A has ATH and SP ratings 10 pts higher than player B, but player B has a full letter grade higher in Off/Def IQ, which player would you choose...and does your answer depend on the position? Or, more generally speaking, in this scenario, how much higher does a player's ATH and SP ratings have to be to compensate for a full-letter grade difference in IQ, all other factors being equal?

If every player on your team has an A IQ in their off/def sets, how much, on average, do you think they would beat the same team that has a B in their sets, all other factors being equal?

How many minutes do you tend to use on team off./def practice?

And what are your thoughts at running your depth chart at FF vs. GT vs. Tired? Is there an across the board % decrease in effective skill level in going from FF to GT for a player, and if so, what do you think this number is?
2/26/2010 4:19 PM

If every player on your team has an A IQ in their off/def sets, how much, on average, do you think they would beat the same team that has a B in their sets, all other factors being equal?

How many minutes do you tend to use on team off./def practice?

Im curious on these ones
2/26/2010 4:56 PM
does petec treat the ladies with respect?
2/26/2010 5:25 PM
How much do you feel the close to home and far from home multipliers are worth? If you were over 500 miles from a good recruit and your opponent was under 100 miles, with the same prestige and same scholarship money, would it be to your advantage to go after him if he was far from home?
2/27/2010 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldresorter on 2/26/2010am sort of pulling back from the game myself, but honestly, this is very well done, very honest, very accurate - from the 'little' I know about the game - I'm standing up to start the applaus

I agree also. LM deserves HUGE kudos for this. I've already learned quite a bit just reading his answers to the few questions that have been submitted. It's not often that someone will take the time and effort to do something like this and he should be commended for it, not asked why he is doing it.

Well done LM!!
3/1/2010 5:57 AM
Two questions, if you get the time.

1) In regards to late game settings, do you adjust from game to game, make changes at various points during the season, or "set 'em and forget 'em" at the start of the year?

2) For the three point frequency on the Team Gameplan page, when the time and point constraints are met, does the distro you set for your players still remain in effect? For example, let's say my setting is a three point frequency of -4 when losing by 3 or more with 3 minutes . When this kicks in, my team is basically being instructed to not shoot threes. Does this mean that the only players shooting will be my bigs (pounding the ball down low), or will my guards continue to shoot, just not threes? I guess my question is, do my distro settings stay in effect or does the engine adjust the distro based on these settings?

P.S. Sorry this was such a drawn out question.
3/1/2010 6:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
Lostmyth2’s FAQ for Veteran HD Coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.