FAQ: How Sparky Uses His Bullpen Topic

Not for me.  If I have "use mop up only when losing" clicked and I'm winning by 6 or 7 runs and a new pitcher is needed for the 9th inning, Sparky will always choose a setup A over a long A as long as I have a setup A who is eligible to come into the game. 

Admin's response to Bribar pasted above suggests that this is the case (his question was about the 8th inning; I assume the 9th is treated similarly).  With pitchers available in all categories, according to admin's response above, Long A will never be the first choice of pitchers to bring in for the 8th inning, and Long B will only be the first choice if you're losing by exactly 5 runs in the 8th inning. 
2/9/2012 10:43 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don't have a boxscore offhand.  I mean, I'm sure I can find one where a setup guy was brought in for the 8th or 9th inning with a large lead, but I would have no way to prove or remember whether there was definitely a long A rested and available at that time.  I'll monitor it going forward and post it when it happens.
2/9/2012 11:31 AM
What we need is a *chart* that shows (roughly) each start-of-inning choice (with boxes checked and not checked), for any kind of lead/deficit/tie and at any inning starting with the 5th... (imo)

This would likely be something WIS would have to provide, or it would take a *lot* of data.
2/9/2012 11:32 AM
◂ Prev 1234
FAQ: How Sparky Uses His Bullpen Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.