Bedard ducking everyone! Topic

“Whenever I’m back, I’m back,” Bedard said. “Coming back from shoulder, I don’t know. We’ll have to see. You try not to change, but you can only do so much.”

Sounds like a guy who really wants to play baseball.
3/6/2010 10:30 AM
to think the mariners could still have adam jones...grrr
3/6/2010 10:32 AM
Bedard has always been soft! There were some rumors when he was still with the O's that the Yanks were interested in him. So glad that didn't happen. He would have been eaten alive by the NY media.
3/6/2010 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By augie_ojeda on 3/06/2010
Yeah, Jones is a stud! He is about the only guy on the Orioles that scares me. Give him another two years and he is a top 5 OF. He is going to be very good this season.
3/6/2010 10:34 AM
Changing the GM in Seattle didn't happen fast enough. Bedard's arm was suspect before the trade. Cliff Lee is no ace, but I think the Ms did a better deal for this y.
3/6/2010 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By derek2hof on 3/06/2010
Yeah, Jones is a stud! He is about the only guy on the Orioles that scares me. Give him another two years and he is a top 5 OF. He is going to be very good this season.

Markakis should scare you and by all accounts, Wieters will in a year or two.
3/6/2010 1:00 PM
Bedard makes $1.5M in 2010. he's free

if he was a stock you'd be getting in on the ground floor for chicken scratch

its almost like he signed because he felt guilty

here's what makes you expend your chicken scratch: SEA has a $10M option for next year
3/6/2010 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By greener88 on 3/06/2010Changing the GM in Seattle didn't happen fast enough. Bedard's arm was suspect before the trade. Cliff Lee is no ace, but I think the Ms did a better deal for this y
I would call Lee an "ace".
3/6/2010 10:04 PM
If you are calling Lee an ace you are not a WS contender.
3/6/2010 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kneeneighbor on 3/06/2010If you are calling Lee an ace you are not a WS contender
See 2009 World Series: Phillies v. Yankees
3/6/2010 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By monkey_taint on 3/06/2010

Markakis should scare you and by all accounts, Wieters will in a year or two.
Markakis kind of scares me. I'll get back to you on Wieters. He has to do it in MLB first. I just think Jones has a chance to be one of the most well rounded OF's in the game in another year or two. I think he will be much better than Markakis. Of course I have been known to be wrong.
3/6/2010 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kneeneighbor on 3/06/2010
If you are calling Lee an ace you are not a WS contender.
See 2009 World Series: Phillies v. Yankee
2008 stats for Lee: 22-3, 2.54 ERA. Looks like an ace to me.

Plus he's #2 in Seattle, behind some guy called Felix Hernandez. Maybe you've heard of him?
3/7/2010 7:54 AM
Markasis is a good player. .300 average, 20 HR 100 Rbi potential year in and year out but there's nothing really SCARY about that. Just solid.

He had an almost .100 point drop in OPS last year and his running game has dropped off considerably. He definitely never took his game to the next level.
3/7/2010 8:46 AM
Markakis has definitely regressed, but I suspect he'll have a bounceback year this year if Miggy or Jones plays a full year behind him.

The thing about Markakis though is his completeness as a player. When you watch him, he's just so calm and patient at the plate and he's highly underrated in the OF, routinely leading/at the top of the league in OF assists. I'm not saying he's HOF material, but he'll eventually be a perennial all-star throughout this career.
3/7/2010 1:14 PM
The Orioles have some really nice young talent, but not enough pitching. Pluswhise, they can't spend with NY or Boston.
3/7/2010 1:31 PM
1234 Next ▸
Bedard ducking everyone! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.