Mauer deal done Topic

Quote: Originally posted by skonley on 3/25/2010
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 3/23/2010The objective of the offense is to get runners on and move them around the bases.   A guy slugging .550 is moving runners around the bases pretty well.
Moving " runners" , oh yeah, that must mean the batter himself is the runner then? Dumbass.

And last time I checked runners means more than one runner. So I guess in MikeTard world there is 2 batters at the plate at the same time, considering now we refer to the hitter as the runner.
3/25/2010 4:13 PM
He actually becomes a runner when he starts, you know, running. He would be classified as a baserunner when he, you know, reaches a base. And I know this is some tricky stuff but, once he reaches base after hitting, he probably has a slugging percentage.

Now, if you'd like, you can list the 37 ways he can reach first without getting a hit but I think/hope you understand.
3/25/2010 5:31 PM
Did you think that up all by yourself? I'm impressed.
3/25/2010 6:44 PM
I guess you're out of dumb arguments. I really thought you could go on forever. Are you sure there's not more stupid in your head just dying to get out?
3/26/2010 9:24 AM
I'm sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeve mike.
3/26/2010 10:08 AM
skonley is a dumbass, not a debate.

That said I am excited about our bet. Mauer has never driven in 100 runs and his health/playing time makes this an interesting bet. I'm gambling that he's just starting to peak, he's at that age.
3/26/2010 12:19 PM
RBI are largely a product of opportunity. I'd be surprised if you didn't win on homers. He's at THAT age.
3/26/2010 12:26 PM
He 26 or 27 now?
3/26/2010 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 3/26/2010RBI are largely a product of opportunity. I'd be surprised if you didn't win on homers. He's at THAT age
That's funny mike, I actually told already told someone on this site exactly that in a different venue. He made the good supporting point that 16 of his home runs last season were to the opposite field. That does seem to exemplify real power in my opinion.
3/26/2010 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By 05nomar05 on 3/26/2010He 26 or 27 now
Going to be 27.

That's what makes the whole questioning of his contract outrageous to me- he already has 3 batting titles. If he merely keeps up what he has already accomplished, also given his status in Minnesota as another factor, he is worth the money.
3/26/2010 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 3/26/2010skonley is a dumbass, not a debate. That said I am excited about our bet.  Mauer has never driven in 100 runs and his health/playing time makes this an interesting bet.  I'm gambling that he's just starting to peak, he's at that age.

Kind of funny that its been brought to my attention that you welched on some insignificant $10 bet recently. And I was going to wish you good luck, but after seeing that you really are a piece of ****, I hope Mauer goes 0-4 on opening day and gets runover by a bus.
3/27/2010 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2010I guess you're out of dumb arguments.   I really thought you could go on forever.   Are you sure there's not more stupid in your head just dying to get out?

Oh that hurts coming form you...Mr. Moving Runners Around the Bases Really means that the Batter himself is moving around the bases and Mr. Object of Offense isn't really to score runs. Get over yourself already douchebag.
3/27/2010 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By skonley on 3/27/2010
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 3/26/2010
skonley is a dumbass, not a debate.

That said I am excited about our bet. Mauer has never driven in 100 runs and his health/playing time makes this an interesting bet. I'm gambling that he's just starting to peak, he's at that age.

Kind of funny that its been brought to my attention that you welched on some insignificant $10 bet recently. And I was going to wish you good luck, but after seeing that you really are a piece of ****, I hope Mauer goes 0-4 on opening day and gets runover by a bus.
When was this?

Enlighten me.
3/27/2010 12:34 AM
Let me re-iterate YOU'RE A DUMBASS

Enlighten me
3/27/2010 12:34 AM
You tell me, I have no clue what your deal is.
3/27/2010 12:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18|19 Next ▸
Mauer deal done Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.