What is your favorite thing to do in GD? Topic

Just curious as to what your favorite thing to do in GD is? I am FAR from a great coach but I think I know enough that if I stuck to a more "winning only" approach I could have a hand full more NC's and the like.

I like to experiment though, for instance I love to do things like throw the ball or run the 3-4 as my base defense with a team. Winning is fun but I seem to enjoy it much more when I win with a different game plan (only so many in GD but lining up with 10 RS RB's and 10 OL gets old but it works)

Why do you play? If winning is the only motivation then thats your bag, rebuilds (another favorite of mine), etc.

Share your story!
3/23/2010 9:07 PM
I'm all over the passing attack right now.

I think it's more exciting to see a ton of passing going on
3/23/2010 9:27 PM
I like getting a new job. It's hard for me not to switch schools or rejoin a world each season.

And beating Elites with MidMajors gives me more pleasure than it should.
3/23/2010 9:27 PM
Coaching in the playoffs is my favorite. It is the reason why I never have all my teams in DIA.
3/23/2010 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ebel331 on 3/23/2010I like getting a new job. It's hard for me not to switch schools or rejoin a world each season.

And beating Elites with MidMajors gives me more pleasure than it should.
I am SOOOO bad for switching jobs or joining worlds over and over. LOL, I came back this time and quickly realized 5 teams is about all I can handle so I will be dropping back down again to that level for a while.

3/23/2010 9:29 PM
Ohh I should mention alternate ID's. I used the vthokie55 ID for a few seasons and had a couple of fun rebuilds.

Also the dukedawg ID I ran with gadawg. Our best effort when we ran that was the turnaround of SIM AI ran APB in Stagg.
3/23/2010 9:32 PM
Last season I experimented with a Trips only offense with my West Liberty State team and made it to the quarter finals. It was still primarily a running based attack, but I am working on trying to balance the attack out - so this has renewed some excitement for me.

Also, I would say that I am still learning the game at the D1A level and I guess the challenge of it makes it more fun than the other divisions for me.
3/23/2010 10:32 PM
My main goal right now is a DIA NC, and I'm experimenting different strategies at different teams to see what sticks (and resume-building in the meantime).
3/23/2010 10:34 PM
I like instigating trouble in the forums.

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen and I would of thought duke could have done much better but I guess not.
3/23/2010 10:57 PM
Yeah right now my goal is a 1a NC. I'm 0 for 2 so far, but I feel one coming soon.
3/23/2010 11:10 PM
I love creating the new Gridiron Illustrated for the Yost world twice a month. It is also proof that i need a girlfriend
3/23/2010 11:22 PM
Building pass happy teams. racking up 600 + yards in the air 4 qb's and 10 wr tossing the ball around just love it

3/23/2010 11:33 PM
I like recruiting.. by far my favorite part. Specifically I like recruiting in a rebuild and trying to find the "gems"
3/23/2010 11:37 PM
I love coaching my alma mater (Illinois), it's a lot more fun when you can relate to where you coach, as apposed to some dinky DII school that you've never heard of before.

But I guess as favorite individual part, I'd have to say competing against some of the best coaches in GD for most games is pretty difficult. Still, it's exciting and really helpful for becoming a better coach.
3/23/2010 11:37 PM
recruiting, playing close games against closely talented teams, scouting my opponents, gameplanning
In that order.
3/23/2010 11:38 PM
1234 Next ▸
What is your favorite thing to do in GD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.