The best band of all time Topic

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah was hip 5 years ago too man. If anything I'm an exhipster doofus. doofus. keep up
4/14/2010 3:01 AM
The Electric Mayhem.

4/14/2010 2:20 PM
The weather was kick *** this weekend, so i popped in Saves The Day's album

Forgot how much i love that album. Pretty morbid lyrics.
4/14/2010 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rsp777 on 4/02/2010I just watched the movie "Last Days" by Gus Van Sant last week. It's a loose interpretation of Cobain's last couple of days and it is a PHENOMENAL movie. Watching it got me to drag out the entire Nirvana catalog off of my cd rack and throw it in my truck. After listening to it all for about a week I've come to the conclusion that Nirvana was, for the most part, very average. Sure, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" led a complete shift in the recording industry, but people who refer to Cobain as some kind of genius are just off their freaking rocker. I still like a lot of the stuff but you have to be realistic about it. They were an obnoxious punk band with a great rhythm section that hit at the right time. Cobain was no genius. Not even close. He was just a druggie who wrote some cool tunes, nothing more. And the suicide discussion might not even be relevant. I still believe it's a 50/50 shot that the guy was murdered
Agree with this completely, other than the last sentence thing. No way people would talk about Nirvana this way had Cobain not died.
4/14/2010 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 4/11/2010
Nice! I love Deerhunter. Just saw them a couple weeks ago.
4/14/2010 8:10 PM

Electric Dream Machine rules all.
4/14/2010 8:55 PM

Of course, Chemical Toilet was great too.
4/14/2010 8:56 PM
Well, I just got this double-disc a couple weeks ago on a whim from hearing about it through friends here and there...like it alot, been listening to it everyday basically (when disc one gets to track 9 played loud it's just cool as all hell) since then and just figured i'd post it like that billy bragg i had gotten recently....starting to get back in music I guess, well rock..always kept the hip-hop on though :-)...
4/14/2010 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By banned_muddy on 4/14/2010

Electric Dream Machine rules all
Agreed.
4/14/2010 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 4/14/2010Well, I just got this double-disc a couple weeks ago on a whim from hearing about it through friends here and there...like it alot, been listening to it everyday basically (when disc one gets to track 9 played loud it's just cool as all hell) since then and just figured i'd post it like that billy bragg i had gotten recently....starting to get back in music I guess, well rock..always kept the hip-hop on though :-)...
Yeah, Nothing Ever Happened (Track 9) is a cool song. Their bassist is awesome. I would get their second album Cryptograms, I personally like it a lot more. The song Cryptograms (track 2 on that album) is one of my favorite songs ever.
4/14/2010 9:36 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/14/2010 9:40 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/15/2010 2:41 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
The best band of all time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.