The best band of all time Topic

and my favorite music critic is robert christgau. www.robertchristgau.com

an excellent critic in my opinion
4/1/2010 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 4/01/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By augie_ojeda on 4/01/2010Two current interests: Vampire Weekend and Beach House. Both had new albums drop in the last couple months.

All time echelon?: The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Television, Modest Mouse, Nick Drake, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Built to Spill, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Pavement (my god they should have been earlier in the list), Townes Van Zandt, Yo La Tengo, Tom Waits, Pixies, Radiohead (especially in rainbows), Neil Young, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Dinosaur Jr., Arcade Fire, Credence Clearwater Revival. ehh you get the ideaYeah, I like alot of that too actually.  One of my friends used to room w/J.Mascis in I think either NoHo or Amherst, I forget.

That is fricken rad!
4/1/2010 7:05 AM
..I like the Traveling Wilburys, but Bob Dylan sort of needs a beating dude...
4/1/2010 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arvidjosef on 4/01/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By augie_ojeda on 4/01/2010Two current interests: Vampire Weekend and Beach House. Both had new albums drop in the last couple months.

All time echelon?: The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Television, Modest Mouse, Nick Drake, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Built to Spill, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Pavement (my god they should have been earlier in the list), Townes Van Zandt, Yo La Tengo, Tom Waits, Pixies, Radiohead (especially in rainbows), Neil Young, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Dinosaur Jr., Arcade Fire, Credence Clearwater Revival. ehh you get the ideaYeah, I like alot of that too actually.  One of my friends used to room w/J.Mascis in I think either NoHo or Amherst, I forget.

ever hear if he was easy to live with?
4/1/2010 7:06 AM
i'd beat dylan off if he needed it. the man is a fricken god to me
4/1/2010 7:08 AM
I don't recall to be honest with you. This was like 7-8 years ago he told me this and I haven't seen the guy in a good 5 years as is. Friend of my older brother actually...he used to party at my place when I lived in Brighton and he did grad school @Tufts...
4/1/2010 7:09 AM
Though im not saying i went out and bought his g*ddamned christmas album. thats for sure
4/1/2010 7:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
pearl jam sucks. ten was who ripoff crap, vs was even worse when pearl jam tried to be punk and edgy when you know that all of them just wanted to play 80s **** rock other than vedder who saw himself as another kurdt cobain. vitalogy is better than the other two, but still, nothingman is a sh*tty take on the beatles nowhere man, and vedder likes to whine about being famous because he needs to have some pain to legitimize his angst. bah humbug
4/2/2010 5:39 AM
An Elderly Woman behind a counter in a small town or whatever its called is such a blatant ripoff of the beatles you've got to hide your love away that i get embarrased for the band whenever i hear that song
4/2/2010 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By augie_ojeda on 4/02/2010
An Elderly Woman behind a counter in a small town or whatever its called is such a blatant ripoff of the beatles you've got to hide your love away that i get embarrased for the band whenever i hear that song
I did not like that song, but dude..you're one of those over literal music snobs.

Enjoy music for what it is and STFU
4/2/2010 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By augie_ojeda on 4/02/2010
pearl jam sucks. ten was who ripoff crap, vs was even worse when pearl jam tried to be punk and edgy when you know that all of them just wanted to play 80s **** rock other than vedder who saw himself as another kurdt cobain. vitalogy is better than the other two, but still, nothingman is a sh*tty take on the beatles nowhere man, and vedder likes to whine about being famous because he needs to have some pain to legitimize his angst. bah humbug
i liked vs. i liked ten..basically stopped listening to the band after vitalogy (though I liked corduroy, and spin the black circle-though everyone else i talked to hated it :-P)..

not sure if vedder ever saw himself as another kurt cobain, never really even thought of those two in equal lights or even really alike at all other than them both being "alternative" or "grunge", but i think i read something by a critic a long time ago equating vedder to a counterfeit jim morrison or something. i dunno, who cares..you're a ding dong
4/2/2010 6:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...19 Next ▸
The best band of all time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.