The best band of all time Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By bklynborn on 4/02/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By arvidjosef on 4/02/2010

My point was you're noone to trivialize or even have on opinion on why the guy killed himself or why should not have.

Whatever the motivation, someone in his position who kills himself, trivial humor and joking w/friends aside(not like in this thread, I made plenty light Wendy O jokes w/friends), deserves empathy. Seriously, think about that for a minute- you didn't walk in that guys shoes dude. BUT if you WANT TO DIE, whatever the motivation/reason, it is sad. You gotta be pretty hard boiled to get to that point bro....forget about "viable" options or ways out...

end of discussion, I guess....I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Nice talkin to ya, arvid
4/2/2010 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By arvidjosef on 4/02/2010
Seriously

You're stating WHY THE DUDE BLEW HIS HEAD OFF in a post to knock him

Like you would even have an inkling as to why he did what he did? you sound ridiculous posting that is all....

No, I was stating that there are other solutions to ANY problem, other than suicide. He sent a message for hundreds of thousands of his fans:

"hey, sh*t's going pretty f*cking bad in my life right now...hell if Kurdt killed himself, why should I even try....I mean look at him, he's a rich, successful rock star"

Like it or not - he had those kids looking up to him

He couldn't handle whatever was going on in that head of his, so he took the coward's way out.

4/2/2010 6:57 AM
4/2/2010 7:00 AM
wow
4/2/2010 7:03 AM
I just watched the movie "Last Days" by Gus Van Sant last week. It's a loose interpretation of Cobain's last couple of days and it is a PHENOMENAL movie. Watching it got me to drag out the entire Nirvana catalog off of my cd rack and throw it in my truck. After listening to it all for about a week I've come to the conclusion that Nirvana was, for the most part, very average. Sure, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" led a complete shift in the recording industry, but people who refer to Cobain as some kind of genius are just off their freaking rocker. I still like a lot of the stuff but you have to be realistic about it. They were an obnoxious punk band with a great rhythm section that hit at the right time. Cobain was no genius. Not even close. He was just a druggie who wrote some cool tunes, nothing more. And the suicide discussion might not even be relevant. I still believe it's a 50/50 shot that the guy was murdered.
4/2/2010 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By rsp777 on 4/02/2010I just watched the movie "Last Days" by Gus Van Sant last week. It's a loose interpretation of Cobain's last couple of days and it is a PHENOMENAL movie. Watching it got me to drag out the entire Nirvana catalog off of my cd rack and throw it in my truck. After listening to it all for about a week I've come to the conclusion that Nirvana was, for the most part, very average. Sure, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" led a complete shift in the recording industry, but people who refer to Cobain as some kind of genius are just off their freaking rocker. I still like a lot of the stuff but you have to be realistic about it. They were an obnoxious punk band with a great rhythm section that hit at the right time. Cobain was no genius. Not even close. He was just a druggie who wrote some cool tunes, nothing more. And the suicide discussion might not even be relevant. I still believe it's a 50/50 shot that the guy was murdered.
love wanted the fortune or something?
4/2/2010 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By arvidjosef on 4/02/2010wo
yeah...I get a bit cranky before breakfast

One thing I'm sure of, though - this thread is titled 'best band ever', and Nirvana shouldn't be in the discussion.
4/2/2010 9:20 AM
Read something the other day about Stapp(Staph) from Creed. He comtemplated suicide because he thought people wanted him Cobain dead so album sales would increase.

I guess he wanted to be a "musical genius" also.
4/2/2010 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 4/02/2010

Read something the other day about Stapp(Staph) from Creed. He comtemplated suicide because he thought people wanted him Cobain dead so album sales would increase.

I guess he wanted to be a "musical genius" also.

I asked the same question...

page 3 fourth post down
4/2/2010 9:48 AM
Liar. That's me and sergie going back and forth.
4/2/2010 9:52 AM

4/2/2010 10:50 AM
Lots of musicians died from suicide. Most just did it slower with insane amounts of drug use.

Has anyone mentioned the Rolling Stones, Eagles, or Abba ?
4/2/2010 10:56 AM
y'mean these guys?....nomar mentioned them Page 2 of this thread

4/2/2010 10:57 AM
I liked these guys when I used to smoke alot of ***(the cliche of every fan) as a teenager. I broke out the old stuff while spending my time painting outside last summer. Nonetheless not even 1 album posted for these guys?:

4/2/2010 11:02 AM
Oh, sorry. Which one is Agnetha?
4/2/2010 11:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18|19 Next ▸
The best band of all time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.