Official© 2010 Cubs Thread Topic

Yeah, lots of managers say "I've got to get away from the consistently best team in baseball so I can manage the team that is challenging the Brewers for 4th place."
7/20/2010 6:16 PM
Is it still baseball season?
7/20/2010 6:58 PM
Typical of the Cubs to be getting pounded by a team with one major league hitter in the lineup after taking 3 of 4 from the two-time defending NL champs.
7/20/2010 9:11 PM
Posted by jweb1510 on 7/20/2010 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Ryne Sandberg is a shoo-in to replace him.  He has not been at all discreet about his desire to manage the Cubs, and this is the primo opportunity for him to do so.

Meanwhile, the Cubs looked good against the defending WS champs over the weekend, only to get their butts handed to them by the Astrolls last night.
I don't know if he's a shoo-in unless Hendry stays, Hendry seems to be the one boosting his career.  Would hate to see Ryne as manager, you know it's not going to end up nice and we'll wind up hating him.
7/20/2010 11:38 PM
Another reason leaving the Yanks to join the Cubs isn't a good idea.  The real fans aren't less passionate about winning and the club doesn't have the same talent. 
7/21/2010 6:53 AM
And, by the way, even though I wanted Mattingly to be manager when Torre was shown the door, I was secretly glad it didn't happen for that exact reason.
7/21/2010 6:55 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jiml60 on 7/20/2010 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Ryne Sandberg is a shoo-in to replace him.  He has not been at all discreet about his desire to manage the Cubs, and this is the primo opportunity for him to do so.

Meanwhile, the Cubs looked good against the defending WS champs over the weekend, only to get their butts handed to them by the Astrolls last night.
I don't know if he's a shoo-in unless Hendry stays, Hendry seems to be the one boosting his career.  Would hate to see Ryne as manager, you know it's not going to end up nice and we'll wind up hating him.
I read this morning that Ricketts asserted that Hendry will be the GM next year.  (Not a good move)  That being the case, Ryno has to be near the top of the list.  But if by some miracle Girardi or Torre decided not to re-up with their current teams, the Cubs have to make a play for those guys.
7/21/2010 9:43 AM
Nice to see signs of life again last night.  For the first time all year, the Cubs opted NOT to crawl into their shells when facing a big deficit (7-1), rallying with 13 unanswered. 
7/21/2010 9:45 AM
Posted by jweb1510 on 7/21/2010 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jiml60 on 7/20/2010 11:38:00 PM (view original):

I read this morning that Ricketts asserted that Hendry will be the GM next year.  (Not a good move)  That being the case, Ryno has to be near the top of the list.  But if by some miracle Girardi or Torre decided not to re-up with their current teams, the Cubs have to make a play for those guys.
I read that too, not happy either.  Who knows, in a few years we may be wishing for the good ol' days of Tribune ownership.
7/21/2010 12:20 PM
Isn't the sport "vote of confidence" the lead-in to a future backstabbing?
7/21/2010 12:42 PM
Hopefully in this case it is.
7/21/2010 1:52 PM
Did you read that **** about Hendry staying on in The Onion? Please say yes.

I am dumbfounded. He has failed miserably in every category one should evaluate a GM on.

WTF
7/21/2010 4:25 PM
Ink! Time for change!! Come over to the good side.
7/21/2010 4:36 PM
I'd rather die cold and alone than root for those bastards.
7/21/2010 5:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...44 Next ▸
Official© 2010 Cubs Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.