Bradford vs. Clausen Topic

Who is the better pro prospect?
4/7/2010 3:25 PM
Clausen....I think Bradford is incredibly overrated...2 injuries to the same throwing shoulder and played almost solely from the shotgun? He's got bust written all over him.
4/7/2010 4:03 PM
I don't trust anybody with the last name Clausen. I also don't like Bradford, but I like him more than Clausen.

I wouldn't draft either as the first pick in the draft. I'm not sure I'd take either in the first round unless I was desperate for a QB. I still wouldn't take Clausen, even then.
4/7/2010 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 4/07/2010Clausen....I think Bradford is incredibly overrated...2 injuries to the same throwing shoulder and played almost solely from the shotgun? He's got bust written all over him

Who do you think is the best QB from this year's draft (in terms of potential NFL production)?
4/7/2010 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By 1899_spiders on 4/07/2010Who is the better pro prospect
I like Bradford only marginally...and yes, a great point about the shotgun formation (or lackthereof)...
4/7/2010 5:41 PM
I think most of you are somewhat jaded on QB's. That's the only reason I can imagine you don't see either of these guys as good NFL prospects.

Obviously, there is chance involved in every selection of the NFL draft, but these guys are as good as last year's QB's who went #1 and #4 (or #5... I don't remember and I don't think its worth the effort of looking up.)

I really think some of you are just scared of the Ryan Leafs and the Alex Smiths so you'd rather not draft a QB high at all, but then you'd miss out on the Peyton Mannings, the Carson Palmers, the Phillip Rivers etc.

4/7/2010 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashamael on 4/07/2010I don't trust anybody with the last name Clausen. I also don't like Bradford, but I like him more than Clausen.

CLAUSENIST!!
4/7/2010 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By onebengalfan on 4/07/2010I think most of you are somewhat jaded on QB's. That's the only reason I can imagine you don't see either of these guys as good NFL prospects.

Obviously, there is chance involved in every selection of the NFL draft, but these guys are as good as last year's QB's who went #1 and #4 (or #5... I don't remember and I don't think its worth the effort of looking up.)

I really think some of you are just scared of the Ryan Leafs and the Alex Smiths so you'd rather not draft a QB high at all, but then you'd miss out on the Peyton Mannings, the Carson Palmers, the Phillip Rivers etc.

Lol...there's only one Ryan Leaf and he just keeps effing up.

I'm certainly not jaded as far as QBs go--I am still high on Sanchez, Stafford, and Ryan. I think Sanchez and Ryan will eventually win SBs.

4/7/2010 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kiddikarus on 4/07/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 4/07/2010
Clausen....I think Bradford is incredibly overrated...2 injuries to the same throwing shoulder and played almost solely from the shotgun? He's got bust written all over him.

Who do you think is the best QB from this year's draft (in terms of potential NFL production)?

Clausen....maybe McCoy
4/7/2010 9:13 PM
Bradford is the better pro prospect and I don't think it is close (a few months ago, I did, but not now, and I know that sounds strange since neither has played a real game, but Bradford has shown to be healthy and has done better in drills and what not).

I guess I would ask this question. Would anyone even be asking this question if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt?
4/7/2010 9:34 PM
NO!
4/7/2010 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By moranis on 4/07/2010
Bradford is the better pro prospect and I don't think it is close (a few months ago, I did, but not now, and I know that sounds strange since neither has played a real game, but Bradford has shown to be healthy and has done better in drills and what not).

I guess I would ask this question. Would anyone even be asking this question if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt?

Perhaps. He still operated out of a shotgun formation and has been labeled a "system QB" akin to Jason White.

I have always liked the guy, too bad he has had some physical setbacks.
4/7/2010 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1899_spiders on 4/07/2010Who is the better pro prospect?

I'll take the field.
4/8/2010 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By moranis on 4/07/2010
Bradford is the better pro prospect and I don't think it is close (a few months ago, I did, but not now, and I know that sounds strange since neither has played a real game, but Bradford has shown to be healthy and has done better in drills and what not). That's funny, because am I going to trust the guy's health in drills or in a game...hmmmm. He played what, 4 games last year? and had 2 injuries to his throwing shoulder...yeah, he'll be just fine....

I guess I would ask this question. Would anyone even be asking this question if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt? Yes, like kidd points out, he stands back in the shotgun all day, he was incredibly scrawny, and didn't get hit much. He doesn't strike me as the greatest leader, thus I don't understand all the hype.

4/8/2010 10:49 AM
Bradford is a significantly better prospect than Clausen. But, with that said, I don't think either one has the upside of Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett, both who will eligible next season.

colonels and kidd:

Bradford actually didn't run shotgun all the time. Yes, he did quite a bit, but he also played quite a bit under center. He's not the typical spread or system QB like Jason White was. The Oklahoma offense was modified to suit Bradford's skills, and that involved more snaps under center than White or Heupel did.

While Clausen did perform out of a pro-style offense, I have significant questions about his leadership skills. While I think he's a better NFL prospect than his predecessor at Notre Dame, who I absolutely thought was overhyped, there is still something missing from Clausen which doesn't make me believe that he's going to be a star that his skills suggest he should be.
4/8/2010 11:15 AM
12 Next ▸
Bradford vs. Clausen Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.