Cooperstown World Chat Topic

This thread is reserved for those of us who have voluntarily withdrawn from World Cooperstown in protest of WIS's revised policy for commissioners powers in private worlds.

I reserve the right to redline anybody who's NOT a member of Coop S14.

If you want to see the Coop world chat for those who have remained, click here.
4/9/2010 8:01 AM
Too bad all of our posts in WC are now removed after our withdrawal.

Maybe this should be called Messages from a Dead World.
4/9/2010 8:05 AM
I joined the protest. Gotta love a walk-out. I'm VERY interested to see how this plays out.
4/9/2010 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mlhutch on 4/09/2010Too bad all of our posts in WC are now removed after our withdrawal.

Maybe this should be called Messages from a Dead World

good point. maybe we can use this thread as a public record of how we (still) feel
4/9/2010 8:14 AM
That's why I created the thread.
4/9/2010 8:15 AM
I'm not from Cooperstown but I wanted to show my support for you guys. I was following the WC for a bit and I think it's ridiculous what smoelheim is doing and the fact that admin is allowing it. Keep fighting the good fight guys.
4/9/2010 8:16 AM
Sad that such an awesome world has been brought to its knees.

(I'm not in Coop anymore, but 9-10 seasons have to count for something, right?)
4/9/2010 8:18 AM
I just pulled out.
4/9/2010 8:18 AM

I removed my team.
4/9/2010 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By iain on 4/09/2010
Sad that such an awesome world has been brought to its knees.

(I'm not in Coop anymore, but 9-10 seasons have to count for something, right?)

if things go the way they SHOULD, admin will admit they are wrong about their new bullshit 'rules' and coop and other private worlds will be all the stronger for it
4/9/2010 8:22 AM
Up to this point, I really haven't too much begrudged smoelheim for sticking it out until Admin made their decision. This started as a ******* match between him and MikeT, and I understood that he would want to see it through to its conclusion.

But now that it's been resolved and he's "won," I hope he's got the decency to move on. Because the other 31 owners have made it abundantly clear all along that none of us intends to stay in Cooperstown if he does.

I would encourage the owners in his other worlds to consider doing the same thing.
4/9/2010 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By travisg on 4/09/2010Up to this point, I really haven't too much begrudged smoelheim for sticking it out until Admin made their decision. This started as a ******* match between him and MikeT, and I understood that he would want to see it through to its conclusion.

But now that it's been resolved and he's "won," I hope he's got the decency to move on. Because the other 31 owners have made it abundantly clear all along that none of us intends to stay in Cooperstown if he does.

I would encourage the owners in his other worlds to consider doing the same thing

i'm sure smoel is enjoying this thoroughly, but i'd wager he hasn't 'won' in his mind. him winning would be cooperstown to be filled and approved with him in it, with him getting away with how he's run his team up until this point.
4/9/2010 8:23 AM
im out too
4/9/2010 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sergei91 on 4/09/2010
i'm sure smoel is enjoying this thoroughly, but i'd wager he hasn't 'won' in his mind. him winning would be cooperstown to be filled and approved with him in it, with him getting away with how he's run his team up until this point.

I'm not so sure he's enjoying it. He doesn't really seem like the type to me. I think he really did want to stay because he likes his team or the world, but it should be clear now that this isn't going to blow over.

I hope his newfound "radio silence" is the result of him trying to think of a way to back down with his sense of dignity intact.
4/9/2010 8:30 AM
Once again the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and the rest of us are holding the bag.
4/9/2010 8:30 AM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
Cooperstown World Chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.