The Official© 2010 Giants World Series Champs Topic

The Phillies scored 4.76 runs per game in '10, the Braves scored 4.56. The Braves scored a total of 9 runs in 4 games against the Giants, which puts them at around 2.25. Against their starting pitching it was considerably less. I see the Phillies having a lot more trouble against the Giants pitching than vice-versa.

Both the Phillies and the Giants have a .212 BA so far in the playoffs, and the Phillies managed that against the Reds, who don't exactly have stellar pitching. The Giants have the best ERA in the regular season and the Reds have the 3rd best. The Phillies, who were 6th best in pitching struggled against the Red's 13th best pitching in MLB.

Mike I know math can be hard, but it can still learn ya a thing'r two if'n you pays atteshun. The Giants have every advantage heading into the division series. Whether they capitalize in that or not remains to be seen.
10/12/2010 5:24 PM
Wow, that's a lot of dumb for a single post.
10/12/2010 5:27 PM
I'm not sure melo follows baseball.
10/12/2010 5:44 PM
melo's hat.   He hasn't had a chance to wear it because he just realized SF had a team.

10/12/2010 5:46 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 10/12/2010 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Wow, that's a lot of dumb for a single post.
I didn't use a lot of big words because I wanted people like you to understand it.

You're welcome.
10/12/2010 5:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/12/2010 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure he does. Other facts (with small words used for Mike): the Giants split the series with the Phillies 3-3 in the regular season. Sanchez beat 'em twice, and Oswalt lost twice. Halladay ERA v. the Giants is over 7 .
10/12/2010 5:56 PM (edited)
Cool, I finally have a good excuse to block melo. That post was painful. jt uses stats in a less blindly biased manner than that.
10/12/2010 5:54 PM
You are blocking the author of this post, antonsirius.

10/12/2010 6:14 PM
Posted by meloidogyne on 10/12/2010 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/12/2010 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty sure he does. Other facts (with small words used for Mike): the Giants split the series with the Phillies 3-3 in the regular season. Sanchez beat 'em twice, and Oswalt lost twice. Halladay ERA v. the Giants is over 7 .
Heh.  First of all, Oswalt was 1-0 againt the Giants with the Phillies - he lost 3 starts against them in Houston - and never gave up more than 3 ER in a start.   The Astros scored 5 runs in those 3 games combined.  Yeah, you guys owned him...

Halladay's ERA vs. the Giants?  At a glance, he has one start against them in the last 6 years.  Yeah, it was a poor one this year, but talk about cherrypicking and small sample sizes.  Your other stuff based on the postseason to date falls into the same category.

I'm a Phillies fan, so I'll admit my bias.  I certainly don't buy the previously presented idea that this will be a quick and easy series for the Phillies - but to suggest that the Giants have "every advantage" over the Phillies is just... wow. 
10/12/2010 6:21 PM
OK, less cherrypicking: The Giants and the Phillies split the series this year, 3-3. I expect it to be a good series, and I expect Giants pitching, #1 this year, to be the difference.
10/12/2010 6:40 PM
I'm pretty sure melo is poking monkeys.   Or drunk as a wino on payday.   Either way, I hope he's smart enough to realize he's full of BS.   But I won't be surprised if he's not that smart.
10/12/2010 6:40 PM
Poking monkeys? What's that?
10/12/2010 6:42 PM
Pretending, on another message board for all to see, that you're fixing the WifSys by voting in blocs.  The monkey will get all exasperated and make a big racket.
10/12/2010 6:48 PM
Ooooooh. I remember that. Who was the guy that got poked?
10/12/2010 6:57 PM
Posted by meloidogyne on 10/12/2010 6:40:00 PM (view original):
OK, less cherrypicking: The Giants and the Phillies split the series this year, 3-3. I expect it to be a good series, and I expect Giants pitching, #1 this year, to be the difference.
Fair enough, though I don't really see the Giants with a pitching edge in this series given who will actually be getting the innings for the Phillies.  Although the Giants were absolutely on fire in September.

That being said, I hate the matchup because the Giants are probably the only team against whom the Phillies don't have a clear edge in the rotation.
10/12/2010 6:59 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
The Official© 2010 Giants World Series Champs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.