The Official© 2010 Giants World Series Champs Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By maddog162 on 4/26/2010Timmy: 1.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .192 OAV
Zito: 1.32 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, .161 OAV
Cain: 3.80 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, .267 OAV
Sanchez: 1.86 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, .167 OAV
Wellemeyer: 8.16 ERA, 1.88 WHIP, .271 OAV

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things will be cut soon
FTFY
4/26/2010 7:20 PM
BRING UP MADISON!!

he's just sitting on my fantasy team waiting
4/26/2010 9:43 PM
Bumgardner [sp?] apparently didn't do ANY work in the offseason, according to Sabean. He ran around and got married and bought a house and did other stupid **** that you should NEVER do if you know you're going to be given a chance to make the big club in spring training. He's about a month behind the rest of the team in conditioning and arm strength.

Stupid kid. He should've been cycling his 'roids just like the veterans do, and prepping to be the #5 starter. Instead, he's building his arm durability and gettting his rhythm in AAA.
4/27/2010 11:43 AM
maybe I should drop him....aye?
4/27/2010 4:36 PM
If you have better options that are actually pitching right now, yeah, dump him. But as bad as Wellemyer has been this year, one more bad outing for him and the call might go to AAA for Bumgardner. They need a #5 pitcher now that most of those early season off-days have been used up.
4/27/2010 5:01 PM
The Lincecum ESPN commercial is funny as hell.

"Hey, this is Big Time Timmy Jim....nobody calls me that".

"Hey, Big Time Timmy Jim, what's up"?
4/27/2010 5:23 PM
Since Wellemeyer pitched pretty well against Philly, the odds are against seeing Bumgardner for at least a month.

Bochy is continuing to get contributions from AAAA-level players (Downs, Whiteside, Torres, Velez, etc.). And Timmy is going for us today!
4/28/2010 1:13 PM
Wellenmeyer surprised the heck outta me yesterday. He is a man desperately trying to keep his job, and he made a pretty good case last night for doing so.

And what was Roberto Clemente doing in right field last night? I thought he was dead?
4/28/2010 2:59 PM
Ryan Howard should be ashamed of that. Getting thrown out at 2nd because of lazy baserunning the day AFTER signing a $125M contract is inexcusable. That being said, it was a helluva throw by Schierholtz and a helluva deke by Renteria.
4/28/2010 4:20 PM
Buster Posey is making a difference!! He's making the case that the Giants are just a couple of big bats shy of being the 600 lbs gorilla in the NL West. Today's match up of Lincecum and Jiminez should be a fantastic pitcher's duel.
5/31/2010 10:54 AM
Posey has hit a mini-slump, but the Giant's power numbers are on the rise.  Is anyone else thinking the playoffs could go through SF?
6/23/2010 2:24 PM
Errr, some of the games might be played in SF, but the playoffs won't necessarily go through SF. 

They need (in order): a legit #4/#5 (I consider Sanchez a #5 starter) and a bomber for the OF (Schierholtz is a banjo hitter and a defensive replacement at best).  I'd like to see them acquire a Carlos Lee/Jose Guillen type OF from a crappy team

They'll have to make due with
1B - Huff/Sandoval
2B - Sanchez
SS - Uribe/Renteria
3B - Sandoval/Uribe
LF - Huff - Can move to RF if they need him to
CF - Torres
RF - Schierholtz? - The big hole in the lineup.  Need a 25-30 HR bomber here to bat 5th/6th (Carlos Lee?)
C - Molina/Posey
6/23/2010 7:24 PM
Man the Red Sox looked like a bunch of keystone cops on defense tonight.
6/26/2010 2:07 AM
Burrell has been pretty good when he's played (.314/.379/.608 with 4 HR in 51 AB), so that's a stop gap solution in left... even though he has the range of a statue. 

And Madison Bumgarner is making his first start of the season today. Against the Red Sox.
6/26/2010 9:30 AM
Best win of the year last night for the following reasons:

1. Giants/Dodgers is still the best baseball rivalry.  Eff the Sox/Yanks (they've just been rivals for about 32 years)
2. Three HBP, three ejections (including Joe Torre)
3. Big comeback for the Gigantes, fueled by the beanballs started by Timmy
4. Donnie Baseball doesn't know baseball rules, and neither do the Dodger players
5. The 9th inning consisted of five heretofore unseen events:
   a. Juan Uribe (conservatively 240 lbs) gets an infield single
   b. Edgar Rent-a-wreck actually works a walk by spoiling off good pitches
   c. Rowand lays down a perfect sacrifice bunt (his first in a Giants uni)
   d. Bruce Bochy outmanages someone (albeit a 3rd string manager)
   e. Buster Posey gets a key hit and a key RBI.  Oh wait, that happens EVERY FREAKIN' GAME!!!! 

Goin' for the sweep of the Dogs tonight.  Prediction: at least two HBP result in at least two ejections.  Giants coast to a 6-2 win.
7/21/2010 2:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
The Official© 2010 Giants World Series Champs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.