In season recruiting Topic

Wouldn t it be more realistic to have some form of in season recruiting? Even if it was

1.scouting hs games

2.you put the recruit on your watch list you get some report back on his level of interest

3.The school gets a letter from a recruit informing them of the interest in their school.
4/12/2010 7:31 PM
#'s 2 and 3 don't really fit at all with the HD recruiting model.

I do agree that it would be fun to have some sort of in-season recruiting.
4/12/2010 7:57 PM
I think recruiting is fine as is...don't overcomplicate the process.
4/12/2010 8:13 PM
I think in season recruiting would be cool. I would like to see the ability to scout players during the season to get a better clue of their potential. However, this would require changing up how we see recruits and making it more along the lines of how you see potential in HBD.
4/12/2010 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rds_lsu on 4/12/2010I think in season recruiting would be cool. I would like to see the ability to scout players during the season to get a better clue of their potential. However, this would require changing up how we see recruits and making it more along the lines of how you see potential in HBD.
what happens when you spend a lot of your money scouting a player, and are then gone next season to a different school? The new coach may want that money for their own recruiting.

another potential issue, lets say I know I am moving up a division next year, I could now spend all the recruiting money to recruit for my team next year, leaving the current school with little money.
4/13/2010 12:13 PM
And it cannot work like this at D3, or the new guys will be at even more of a disadvantage.
4/13/2010 6:03 PM
what happens when you spend a lot of your money scouting a player, and are then gone next season to a different school? The new coach may want that money for their own recruiting.

another potential issue, lets say I know I am moving up a division next year, I could now spend all the recruiting money to recruit for my team next year, leaving the current school with little money.

Don t both of these situations happen in real life college hoops?
4/13/2010 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jes2176 on 4/13/2010what happens when you spend a lot of your money scouting a player, and are then gone next season to a different school?  The new coach may want that money for their own recruiting.another potential issue, lets say I know I am moving up a division next year, I could now spend all the recruiting money to recruit for my team next year, leaving the current school with little money. Don t both of these situations happen in real life college hoops?

No. And comparing HD to real life is not smart.
4/13/2010 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rds_lsu on 4/12/2010I think in season recruiting would be cool. I would like to see the ability to scout players during the season to get a better clue of their potential. However, this would require changing up how we see recruits and making it more along the lines of how you see potential in HBD.
You can already buy FSS with over recruiting money.
4/14/2010 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By reinsel on 4/13/2010And it cannot work like this at D3, or the new guys will be at even more of a disadvantage
100% agreed.
4/14/2010 8:24 PM
The only way that inseason recruiting could work with the current model (which isn't going to be going away) would be to give each coach x$ of recruiting money at the start of each season that is additional to their recruiting monies and could be used throughout the season. Also I would have to say that recruits that were recruited in season should not only be tied to the school but also to the coach - that could help with a bit more longer distance recruiting.

That said it would be a bit of a disadvantage for 1st time d1 coaches, but i don't see a huge problem with that as there would have to be some simmy interaction during the season so maybe which recruits simmy was targeting would also be another factor when choosing a job? I don't see that being too big of a problem.

Lastly, this would have to be a d1 only recruiting process that wouldn't be in d2 or d3.

I think it has potential to be a solid idea and a great addition to the game, but it is much more complex then 'let's make recruiting happen during the season as well'! And I think while it is a great idea in theory many coaches who come out and post about the topic and how WIS should change recruiting to be like this fail to understand how complex the system would have to be to handle it and its not as easy as saying "lets do this"
4/14/2010 8:32 PM
In season recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.