Green’s World Rankings 4-20-10 Topic

a few more general notes about the rankings and how I think about them:

1) there isn't a whole lot of difference between a spot or two of rankings ... this gets to be even more true now that more worlds are keeping an eye on abandon/tankers and now that the remnants from all those free credit teams a while back have worked themselves out ... I tend to think of them more as chunks of "top tier" "around normal" and "below average"

2) This only measures the last two seasons completed ... so worlds can rise and fall as competitive balance (measured by what I am measuring) changes

3) From what I've noticed while cutting and pasting, one horrible/abandoned team won't put a world at the bottom of the rankings ... it will keep it out of the top tier, but isn't a death sentence ... but if there several 100+ wins and loss teams, the world will probably be near the bottom

4) These rankings measure what I care about and only that ... if your world is #1 in your mind because it has the most cool owners ... or the least amount of fighting on world chat ... or low turnover ... or is friendly to new owners ... more power to you ... this ranking list addresses none of those factors
4/20/2010 2:23 PM
Ott and Joey Belle dropped like rocks...
4/20/2010 3:29 PM
Thanks for doing these green; always fun to look at.
4/20/2010 5:35 PM
Robinson World would like to thank the Academy for (correctly) acknowledging it as HBD's very finest Public World. We'll be in the trainer's office tending to the muscles we pulled patting outrselves on the back.
4/20/2010 6:46 PM
It's fun for those at the top. Probably not so much at the bottom.
4/20/2010 6:54 PM
I don't know...Foxx was ok this season. Maybe not fun, but tolerable, right?
4/20/2010 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 4/20/2010It's fun for those at the top. Probably not so much at the bottom
#154 Cobbfather is pretty fun and competitive.
4/20/2010 8:39 PM
I was referring to the rankings not the worlds. The worlds may be fantastic for those in them but, for those of us looking in from the outside, we think "friggin' 'tard worlds".
4/20/2010 9:07 PM
Wow, what a complete waste of time to put together that useless info.

It's simple....people should rank worlds they play in or have played in...period. This list is completely useless. It's based on what? Your expertise on all the worlds, most of which you have never played in? To tell me that the world I play in is ranked 45th, 90th, 213th or whatever is just absurd.

And before you whine, grow some thick skin, because when you put info like that out there, folks are going to have various opinions on it, for better or for worse.

4/20/2010 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By leebubba on 4/20/2010This list is completely useless. It's based on what? Your expertise on all the worlds, most of which you have never played in?
it is based 100% on the numbers I chose to include in my calculation ... all of which is laid out quite clearly ... it encompasses nothing more and nothing less than that

you are more than welcome to opine that they are useless ... I do the calculations because I find them interesting ... I've posted them here in the past and others seem to find them interesting so I post the updates
4/21/2010 8:22 AM
Thanks green alway appreciate the time and effort you put in on this.

I also find it friggin hilarious when someone whines and then says "And before you whine, grow some thick skin," You just can't buy that kind of entertainment.
4/21/2010 8:48 AM
nice job with teh excel blah blah blah, green
4/21/2010 8:56 AM
And who is interested in me ranking 3 worlds?
4/21/2010 8:57 AM
98greenc5 another fine job very cool to look at, I like the stats and if anyone doesn't like them they dont have to read them
4/21/2010 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 4/21/2010And who is interested in me ranking 3 worlds

*raises hand a little*
4/21/2010 8:58 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Green’s World Rankings 4-20-10 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.